Zazzle Generated Collection RealViews™ - Wedding Cross-Sell Feedback

Heather
Creator Team
Creator Team

Hi Creators,

Please leave us feedback for Zazzle Generated Collection RealViews™ - Wedding Cross-Sells here. 

Community Post. 

Best,

The Creator Team 

73 REPLIES 73

Lea
Contributor II

LOVE IT - this is amazing and they look REALLY sharp! Super exciting way to show off all the pieces together automatically. Building out multi-piece mockups can be quite tedious!

I have very few wedding collections so I was able to peek at all of them really quickly. I noticed a couple of issues right off the bat. In two collections, it's not pulling in my 5x7 invite. I have that in the collection - it shows in that spot under "required". But it's not populating the RealView. And then is there any way to designate if we have multiple variations of the 5x7 invite which one goes in the mockup? In another collection, it's mixing and matching pieces. It's not pulling the "primary" invite - I'm not sure how it decided which to plop on there.
But overall a huge thank you for these! Can't wait to see them live!

Hi Lea, If you could please provide a link to your collection we can look into! Thank you.

Connie
Honored Contributor

This sounds like a really great idea! I can't wait until it's live!

sitnica
New Contributor II

Will Zazzle Generated Collection RealViews™ show if we already have collection images?

Pixelan
Valued Contributor

Very cool feature!

I think I'm missing wedding invitation horizontal (7x5). I got this wedding collection with 33 total products but there are 0 real views that can be enabled since most want a vertical wedding invitation.

The same for RSVP card vertical (3.5x5), could be more realViews with that card type.

Will the creators collection cover image always be shown first or will it be chosen at random together with these new realViews™ ? I wouldn't mind if it was random, maybe the realViews could attract more customers than my own cover images.

Is it still recommended to create a collection cover image (not product) or is ok to leave those empty since we now have realViews to choose from?

Pixelan
Valued Contributor

@Scott just want to double check if new realViews will also be created including horizontal wedding invitations (7x5)? I would guess there are a lot more wedding collections from other creators that have these.

HoneyBlossomA
Contributor

I am loving this new feature, right off the bat. Super promising and I can see how this will continue to expand and improve in the future. Thanks team! 

The first thing I noticed that would be nice to tweak/adjust would be for the suite to display different product color options from the collection. I have several collections that have two to four color options for all products within in but the RealViews will only pull one color option for the whole mockup. It would be great to be able to show all the coordinating options together. 

That would be great, but in the meantime, Make another collection cover showing this, in the same manner as the real view ones. I only have one wedding collection that fits this option but like you, it has 2 color choices.

Visual artist,papercraft novice,handcrafts enthusiast.

Oh yes, I have made my own collection cover photos that show the multiple color options, that's no problem. The question being put to us though is whether there are things about the RealView feature that could be improved so that was my suggestion.

Cat
Honored Contributor II

My strategy with those sorts of products is to separate them into different collections, one for each color. I have one that I haven't done yet, but the ones that I have fare much better. People almost never want to mix and match colors so I think it make it easier for the customer, plus, it's easier to market the collection that way.

Waqar_Muhammad
Contributor

Thank you for introducing this fantastic new feature! It's great to see Zazzle continually innovating and providing us with tools that enhance our collections. The Collection RealViews™ are an exciting addition that will undoubtedly help us showcase our designs and increase cross-selling opportunities. We appreciate your commitment to making the platform even more creator-friendly.

Looking forward to exploring this feature and its benefits. Keep up the good work!

Cat
Honored Contributor II

If we have multiple real views turned on, will Zazzle just pick one of them at random to display, or does it just default to the one in the first position?

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

They should be shown in order, so click-and-drag them to change ordering. First in the grid will be shown first, etc. Once we enable this feature on the product page you'll see how that goes.

alissag
Contributor III

Is there some trick to getting the toggles to work? I'm able to see the different options on the media manager page, but clicking on the toggles is not working for me. I can enable or disable any of the different views.

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

What you may be seeing are "invalid" options. In order for that "view" to become valid you'll need to add enough products that there are no blanks showing in the view. You can determine which product types are used in each view by hovering over the orange icon.

Laura
Contributor III

Some of my wedding A7 envelopes, for the last one (default order), aren't being recognized so I'm not able to enable it. Here's an example. Hopefully you can figure out why.

Cat
Honored Contributor II

There seem to be some issues with this one.

realview-issues.jpg

1) The image on the belly band is squashed - it's like they took the artwork for the entire wrap around band and squished it onto the front or something.

2) It's says it's displaying the wax seal sticker as an envelope seal, but it's actually showing a regular sticker

3) The image for the RSVP envelope is confusing. I couldn't tell it was an envelope until I blew up the image - I thought it was another blank spot for a card or something. Not sure how to remedy that, but it didn't make any sense to me.

I noticed a similar issue with either the round stickers (envelope seals) or the belly bands being distorted/squashed. The round sticker RealView mockup added the design from one of my *square* stickers and it obviously did not look right. The belly band ended up looking pinched horizontally. 

Hi Cat,

Can you please send us a link to your collection?  We will look into. Thanks!

Cat
Honored Contributor II

Sure, but the problem is not unique to one collection. It's there on all of them - at least all of mine. Here are a few examples:

Romantic Reflecting Red Rose Wedding Suite (zazzle.com)
Rust Orange or Burnt Umber Floral Wedding Suite (zazzle.com)
Gold Foil Wedding Suite (zazzle.com)

I have both envelopes and envelope liners available in my collection and I can't get this certain real view to be able to toggle on. Not sure what product number 3 is supposed to be then?

Cat did you ever figure out what that issue was with the #3 labelled product in your example?

Cat
Honored Contributor II

Not really. I think it's just supposed to be the blank envelope that comes with RSVP cards - like not one of our actual products with a design on it. Still not exactly sure why it's there, but I've got collections with that view enabled and nothing populates in that spot, it just shows a white envelope. 

Hmmm okay... not sure what I'm missing but I just can't enable this view hahaha.

Wildart
Valued Contributor

Its very cool and the info on what's needed in each view is very helpful, nice to know you have been as busy as us!

Visual artist,papercraft novice,handcrafts enthusiast.

Lea
Contributor II

Hey, Scott - it doesn't seem like anything I'm seeing is what you're seeing and saying here. This collection, for example -  I can't toggle these off and there's definitely not a wedding invitation on those. But I have three 5x7 wedding invitations in this collection. And I'm not sure which orange icon you're referring to that I would hover over to determine the products. Do you mean that little i in the circle?

Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 9.18.57 AM.png

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm speaking of that little orange "i" circle in the lower left corner of each image.

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

From @Lea in her post above:

is there any way to designate if we have multiple variations of the 5x7 invite which one goes in the mockup?  In another collection, it's mixing and matching pieces. It's not pulling the "primary" invite - I'm not sure how it decided which to plop on there.

It should be using the primary product in each product type slot (Wedding Invitations, Save the Date Cards, etc). I'll take another look at this to ensure it's working properly.

Cat
Honored Contributor II

Quick question on this. Let's say I've got 10 different invitations in a wedding suite. What happens when the customer searches for, or views the invitations that aren't in the primary spot? Will it still show the primary invitation on the listings for the other invitations? I'm hoping not, because I think that would be really confusing for customers.

alissag
Contributor III

There does seem to be an issue for me with it not pulling items for the mockups. For example this collection: https://www.zazzle.com/collections/blue_and_white_antique_china_wedding_suite-119623959978277118 has both a 3.5 x 5 RSVP card and a 3.5 x 5 enclosure card that do show up in the correct collection management areas, but for some reason do not show up on the mockups. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it might be helpful if we had the option to select the items for the different mockup products. This could also solve the problem for those that have different invitation versions and wanted to select a particular one to show.

Cat
Honored Contributor II

Not sure, but it may be because your enclosure & RSVP are both horizontal designs and the spot calls for a vertical.

Also, they're both designed on the invitation product (https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-zazzle_invitation3) rather than on the enclosure & RSVP products (https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-zazzle_responsecard https://www.zazzle.com/pd/spp/pt-zazzle_enclosurecard) I'm not sure if putting it on the "wrong" product has an impact or not, but it would be nice to know for sure since I've got some older designs where that's an issue. 

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

If the collection realview image shows a horizontal version of a card then that's what we'll be requiring. That does sort of make things tougher on Creators, but there's no easy way to simply display a vertical card in horizontal fashion (and vice versa).

(having said this, I haven't had a chance to review @alissag 's report just yet)

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the example. I see what you're saying, and you've done everything right here. We're looking into this now. No action is needed on your end.

I'll recap this for everyone else: If you see find that there's a blank in a spot in the collection realview but you KNOW that an applicable product has been added to the collection, then we're aware of the issue. I'd just ignore the issue for now because we'll be fixing this issue very soon. I'm not sure if updating the collection (removing the product and re-adding it, or adding additional products to the collection, etc) will help resolve this issue.

alissag
Contributor III

Thanks, Cat, they are both horizontal, but they don't show up on the mockups that are set to display horizontal. It could be that they are on the "wrong" product, though they do show up on the management page in the correct slots.

Cat
Honored Contributor II

Hmmm... well, maybe it's the "wrong" product thing. If I can find one of mine that's done that way, I'll check and see if it shows up in the Realivew or not.

JessicaAmber
Contributor

I was struggling with seeing the requirements for each RealView because I kept clicking the orange i button instead of hovering over it! D'oh! Just noting this in case others make the same mistake. And maybe a note that it should be hovered over should be in the instruction text?

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

The envelope RealViews aren't picking up the outside background color (which for this product is unique in that you have to set it from the product page options rather than from inside the Design tool) and it's also not picking up the inside design (which in this particular example is a tiled image on the "Inside Unfolded" layer).

Envel2.pngEnvel1.png

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

The team is aware of this issue. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.