Holidays Royality

Hi everyone! I just read Zazzle’s news post about locking in our royalty rates for the upcoming holiday season.

For those of you who mainly sell invitations and stationery/paper products, what royalty rate do you think is best to set for the holiday season?

Would you recommend staying around 10%, 12%, 14%, or higher?

I’d especially love to hear from sellers who have a good amount of experience with invitations and stationery. What rate has worked best for you? :blush:

I have no personal experience to share as I’m not a top seller and don’t generally do stationery products, but I do want to remind about sales which have always been plentiful through the holiday season and sometimes offer quite steep discounts. Right now for example many types of stationery including “holiday cards” and “greeting cards” are 60% off through Oct 6th for Zazzle Plus Premium members. If you’re at 10% and it comes in as 3rdParty sale you’re only making about 5%. Add a 60% off discount and you’re making less than 2% of the list-price shown in the royalty calculator. For a folded 5x7 holiday card you’d be making only $0.06 per card. You’d have to sell roughly 835 cards just to meet the payment threshold of $50 for the month.

Let those numbers sink in before making any decisions you’ll be stuck with for the entire 3-month holiday period.

Thanks for sharing this! For those who mainly sell invitations and stationery/paper products, what royalty rate would you recommend setting for the upcoming holiday season?

I’m looking to increase my royalty rate this year and would really appreciate hearing from experienced invitation/stationery sellers.

Would you recommend 15% or higher during the holiday season, considering the discounts Zazzle typically runs?