Feedback for Media Manager

Hi James, 

I already flagged that issue and I was told that the technical team works on it but as of today, I still am unable to download the artwork with clear background. Basically what downloads is a mockup. Hope it could be fixed soon!

P.S. I know it´s off-topic, but without the proper artwork download option I am unable to create proper cover photos for my products…

Thanks for asking, and kudos to the dev team for delivering this feature. I’ve found the performance to be typically good, especially considering all the tabs I often juggle at once 😁. I like the ability to provide multiple views, as some products lend themselves nicely to being shown in context.

I do have to manage my time carefully, so that I can still devote time to social media promotion and squeeze in new designs once-in-a-while. I also balance full-time work outside Zazzle, though, so my time is limited. When assessing how much time to spend per product, I evaluate the value of showing it in multiple contexts, as well as the probability and amount of the potential sale. It’s easy to burn a lot of time, especially to get high-value images that accurately display the product.

It would be great to finally get  downloadable files with backgrounds already removed! My tools work well with most files, but a few are more difficult. I haven’t used the caption feature often, as I’m usually ready to move on once I’ve uploaded cover images. I’m curious, though, if the captions enhance SEO by adding unique text.

I sometimes encounter issues when working with color groupings.  These seem to take longer to index or whatever it takes to display the new covers as default for each color selection.  Overall, though, this is a nice evolution.

You can uncheck the option to replace transparency with white. I’m having the opposite problem- I wanted to download the artwork with no transparency, but a white background, and it kept downloading with the transparency, even though I checked the box for white.

So is Zazzle expecting us to put non-product images here, like the way we do on Etsy? For example, a plain background with text, explaining that we can make matching products and other colorways?

My biggest concern is that Zazzle will start prioritizing the products that have multiple images, as opposed to just one. I just do not have the time to do more than one image for each product, and in fact I still have about 2000 products that don’t have any cover photos. And my eyes are bothering me as well when I spend too much time on the computer. It would be awfully disheartening to have put in hundreds of hours making ONE cover photo for each product, only to have all that time be for nothing because I didn’t make MORE than one!

I have never found a product that downloaded transparent so far. Which product gave you a transparent background?

James, I like the new media manager, and, I realize the importance of trying to make all the products look more “interesting” with mockups.  So far I’ve done 20 really cool ones I think. LOL, only 20,000 more to go.  I have a suggestion.  This would only apply to products where no mockups have been uploaded yet. Can the programmers create an AI app to work with one of the image processors.  The app could create cool backgrounds or mockups built upon the customer’s interests.  If they are looking for sports, maybe our mockups would feature sports..  If another customer is looking for something like ballet.  The mockups would feature ballet colors or images???  Or, create backgrounds or mockups based upon the items tags and title. Just a thought.  In the meantime, I’ll keep adding some as I get the time.  Have a nice day. 

And to your point, what do Google, shopping tab, Amazon, affiliate sites, and search engines prioritize?

Do they no longer prefer clean and white background images to rank higher in search?

Also Esty just had a mock-up problem register as spam, so that could happen here too.