Commission on purchasing your own products in the Promoter Program

CN
New Contributor II

Hi there!

I have a few questions if someone might be able to help, I'd greatly appreciate the guidance.

Am I permitted by Zazzle terms of service to purchase my own products, customize my own products, and resell them (I purchase them but have them sent to a customer)?

Would I need to make a custom as/is hidden product for each customized sale?

If I sign up for the Promoter Program and purchase my own products, would I be able to receive the Promotor Program commission along with the royalty? I'm currently not on this. Am I able to sign up for the program, is there certain criteria or just send the email to request?

If this is possible how would I go about this so the link is attributing to me to receive the commission?

I've tried to look through previous threads and didn't find this specifically.

Thanks in advance for your help! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

CreativeLeahG
Honored Contributor III

Things to Consider When Reselling on Zazzle:

Zazzle Black:

As a reseller, you can't utilize Zazzle Black's free shipping benefits when fulfilling orders for your customers. Make sure to factor in shipping costs when setting your prices.

Personal Purchases:

Royalties and referral fees don't apply when you buy your own products. You'll pay the base price plus postage and won't earn any commission through Zazzle.

Sharing Custom Designs:

Direct Setting: While creating custom items for clients, setting them to "direct" prevents them from appearing publicly on the marketplace. You'd then share a link directly with the customer. However, this allows them to potentially order directly from Zazzle, bypassing your reseller option.

Alternative Approach:

• Hidden Products
  • Select Gift option when ordering and shipping via Zazzle.
Graphics Bundles ️ Ninja Niche Course Invitation Design Course ️ Mockups and TemplatesFREE Advice/Guides/tips ️by LeahG Pro Platinum

CN
New Contributor II

Thank you for the time you took to reply, however, the responses were not applicable, and I believe that Zazzle Black is now Zazzle Plus, and I wasn't inquiring about free shipping. Thank you again for your time... maybe it's best that I write to customer service. 

CreativeLeahG
Honored Contributor III

In what way are the answers not applicable?

Q1: Am I permitted by Zazzle terms of service to purchase my own products, customize my own products, and resell them (I purchase them but have them sent to a customer)?

A1. The answer is yes as implied by the 'how to' guide that followed.

Q2.Would I need to make a custom as/is hidden product for each customized sale?

A2. Hidden/Direct has a response

Q3.If I sign up for the Promoter Program and purchase my own products, would I be able to receive the Promotor Program commission along with the royalty? I'm currently not on this. Am I able to sign up for the program, is there certain criteria or just send the email to request?

A3.The answer is no as indicated by my response that we do not receive royalties or referral fees on our products. And yes anyone can apply for P2. whether anyone can be granted access is something for Zazzle cs.

Q4.If this is possible how would I go about this so the link is attributing to me to receive the commission?

A4. You can't - as noted (when you are the one buying you receive neither royalty of affiliate fee).

Additional info re shipping is because many resellers think they can use their personal free shipping option to post out to their customers ...they can't. Other resellers may be viewing this thread and it saves them asking.

But yes, do feel free to reach out to Zazzle customer services, which is always best when seeking advice re things related to terms, alternatively one could read the terms. I wish you success!

Graphics Bundles ️ Ninja Niche Course Invitation Design Course ️ Mockups and TemplatesFREE Advice/Guides/tips ️by LeahG Pro Platinum