Customer Question About Mistake Made on Order

whimsywhim
Valued Contributor

Good evening,

A customer bought customized cards and didn't change the name.  He asked for my help.  

I want to tell him to cancel the order.  Then, he can choose the card again and on the right-hand side under 'personalize', he can change the name.  

Is that the best way to go?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mariholly
Contributor III

Yes, it's the best option. Sometimes clients are a bit hesitant to do it because they are not professionals and it may have taken them a good amount of time to fit everything into our template. Explain that they can probably repurchase the same design and only tweak what they need. They might also find a copy in their own folder of ongoing designs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mariholly
Contributor III

Yes, it's the best option. Sometimes clients are a bit hesitant to do it because they are not professionals and it may have taken them a good amount of time to fit everything into our template. Explain that they can probably repurchase the same design and only tweak what they need. They might also find a copy in their own folder of ongoing designs.

Thank you so much!!  I greatly appreciate your response!

whimsywhim
Valued Contributor

May I ask another question?  The customer asked if I can cancel the order for him.  I don't think I can, but I wanted to confirm that.  Also, if I can, how do I do that?  Thank you!

Windy
Honored Contributor

No.  A creator does not have the power to cancel the order. Refer the customer to customer service.

whimsywhim
Valued Contributor

Thank you for responding.  I didn't think so.  Fortunately, chat came up, and the Zazzle rep is going to contact the customer.  I also gave instructions for him to cancel the order himself.  Thanks again.