Cover Photo is available to all Creators

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

We've made Cover Photo available to all Creators.

https://community.zazzle.com/t5/creator-news/cover-photo-for-all/ba-p/27063

If you have any questions about this, or any questions about Cover Photo feel free to ask them below.

26 REPLIES 26

PAZP
Valued Contributor

I'm thrilled to have been part of the last BETA group and glad it has been successful. I so appreciate this option and have had a great time adding covers. THANK YOU ALL, for making it permanent. 

KeegansCreation
Valued Contributor III

Yay! This should really perk up the product pages. I too am thankful to have been in the beta group to help verify its' awesomeness.

KeeganCreations

Connie
Honored Contributor

Thank you! Although this means a lot more work for me! 😃 i wish I could pay somebody else to do them.

shellifitz
Valued Contributor

If all I had was extra time on my hands I would offer to make them for a fee.  unfortunately I barely have time to make a few of my own.  ;0)

Wildart
Valued Contributor

I admit I am confused. Where are we to use these cover photos.. ? for our collections covers? ..where is everyone using this option...

I made some of my own mockups for my collection covers, so maybe that's where it's logically used..Would love to know, cos it's not super clear to me..

thanks

Visual artist,papercraft novice,handcrafts enthusiast.

PenguinPower
Valued Contributor II

Nope this is for individual products - you find it in the new(ish) "manage my design" drop down that you can see when you click on your actual product. You don't see these options in your back end - just on your product pages.
Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 1.11.44 PM.jpg

oh.. thanks.. well I guess I would have to take more time to consider this, becuase the mockups that zazz have are pretty good. There are some products that don't have mockups that I wish they did, but the trick is finding/creating a suitable one. do you think the products take on the same angles/dimensions as your mockuo or do we have to use straight on pics I wonder. anyway thanks for explaining this further for me.

PenguinPower
Valued Contributor II

You do have to make the cover photos yourself.. Connie has started a tricks and tips topic for it. 
https://community.zazzle.com/t5/general-zazzle-discussion/cover-photos-tips-and-tricks-time-manageme...

shellifitz
Valued Contributor

I just wanted to thank Zazzle for including me in the early release group.  I have added a few of my own mockups and they have led to more sales.   So I will be adding more as time allows, but thank you for making this possible for those who want to use it. I am happy it is not going away! 

Wildart
Valued Contributor

well it would be great if they would actually appear once you made them... I made about 4 a few days ago. nothing showing at all! So I guess they are vetting them or whatever...

PAZP
Valued Contributor

Just an FYI. When you Upload Cover Photo the first time you generally don't see it show in the row of options. If it doesn't show, go back to your Images folder and upload it again and it should show up as the first option. It generally takes me twice to get it to show up.

Then be sure to go into Edit Designs>Product Merchandising and select your cover photo. It generally shows in the Store Management area immediately with the new cover photo but it might take 24 to 48 hours for the cover photo to show in the marketplace. 

I hope that helps. 

Wildart
Valued Contributor

wow thank you, I would NEVER have guessed that was necessary...thank you I will follow those steps..

PAZP
Valued Contributor

Let us know if you were successful. 🙂

Wildart
Valued Contributor

thanks but only a result for for one..If I go to edit design, it only takes me to the design tool, if I go edit details, I can click on the new cover but when I go into porduct merchandising it only shows the original design only, I do not get a choice of images.  after repeating this a few times on 3 or 4 products, only one of them showed later with the new cover!! I am very frustrated...and dissappointed this is not working. I cleared my chache also in case, since this was the problem for another issue recently. its not a dimension issue either, the accepted one is way bigger than they said it should be...still shows.

PAZP
Valued Contributor

Maybe someone else will jump in with more recommendations. 

PenguinPower
Valued Contributor II

FYI Mods - there's a typo in the how to slide show. The slide "how do I upload these images" indicates the size should be 1480 x 1480 - unless it has changed it is 2048 x 2048... (and in that case the slides still have the larger size everywhere else.... confusing... )
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1l5ewyw9d9k-rq9KPgd0raAXR1Yonxs8wrZieJccZ4UY/edit#slide=id.gc...

Fiorenzo
Valued Contributor II

That's great news, happy, they're back. Short question to make sure I don't break any rules: is it still allowed to use Zazzle's in situ imagery in parts or in full? In full means basically the same image but enhanced/slightly changed, e.g. made more vivid, adding contrast when too faded (e.g. some coasters), or cutting out a backdrop decor (e.g. the flowers). In part means keeping the product and some elements and changing others or the backdrop I asked via email during the first beta and I got a positive answer back then. I know, it's listed as a don't (I understand this as not taking them 1:1, which makes sense) but some look truly nice and just need a little extra finish to let them shine or pop. Thanks!

──────────
FX GRAPHICA Art & Design | PET’S DREAMLANDS » Store - Facebook | CONTACT: fio@fxgraphica.com

ACR
New Contributor II

Love it!!!!! Great new feature! Thank you so much! 

PC11
New Contributor III

I’ve been having fun making these images as well and am happy it will continue.  Although it’s time consuming, I believe it is totally worth it.  But I wish Z would provide good mockups for tissue paper and tree skirts as those are tough to do.

Wildart
Valued Contributor

Maybe scrunch a little plain tissue paper along side a package or even a coordinating designed gift bag.., with the flat design tissue along side? Or use a packaging mockup with delicate item ( baby clothes,something precious or fragile), cello and scissors? I always wrap my handmade crochet items in tissue paper before I add paper wrap..may even add some potential clients with this inspiration!

PAZP
Valued Contributor

Maybe someone else will chime in with more ideas. 

DestinyRose
New Contributor II

This is going to be a lot of fun and a wonderful way to stand out. Here are a few that I have done so far.

Zazzle card photo mockup2.jpgBlue iris mug cover.jpgPet Stocking Cover Photo.jpg

I love yours! I just made my first one. Much simpler than yours- you are an inspiration 😊

“ilonagardenEclecticism Grown WildWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconTwitter Icon

igiftcenter
Valued Contributor

I just uploaded my first cover photo. I saw a confirmation that my cover photo was uploaded and it said it replaced the main photo (whatever that means?)  But I don't see the cover photo anywhere.  Does it take some time till it appears and where does this appear when it does?

It takes a couple days.

KeeganCreations

Yes, igiftcenter have just uploaded my first cover photo too! Agree with you re 'replaced the main photo'  whatever that means!🙄 Will scroll down to see if it makes any sense! Jilly