Creator Feedback for New product: Tape Measure

James
Creator Team
Creator Team

Hi Creators, 

Feel free to let us know how this new product measures up! 😅 Tape measures are now available to create! Announced here

Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

ElizabethR
Contributor III

Suggestion: Measure twice, cut once. Phrase used by carpenters, woodworkers, DIYers, etc. Possible Images: Table or chair with one short leg. Door with gap at bottom.

We are too busy to create tape measures.

SJoy
Contributor III

I love them!  Of course...we are tool people, though. 😁

Here is one I designed that comes in 4 colors.

jamies
Contributor

Hi Guys
Love the idea of launching the tape measure, it's going to be a great selling product, that I am sure of.

Quick question/suggestion.

There is no indication on the product description of how this tape measure.. measures. Hear me out, hear me out, when I buy a tape measure, I'm going to buy one that marks out eighths. Do I need the eighths? No, BUT, Do i want to measure in eighths for a serious home renovation like building decks and measuring windows.... YES! 

Looking at the insitu, i don't see eighth marks, It marks an inch, half an inch. For this to be a huge success and making a bunch of DIY'ers happy.. they want the eighths. Also, America is one country, Zazzle sells ALL across the globe to those who measure in centimeters. 
Just my two cents but this is one product I am pretty excited about.
Thanks
Jamie

Lais
Contributor III

Looking at the images, I can see they measure in centimeters too. 

What is an eighth? is it 1/8 inch?

Barbara
Honored Contributor II

Take a closer look at the initial in situ. It's showing centimeters. The description says one side is in inches and the other side is metric.

I wonder, though, how popular such a tool might be. Most of us who use tape measures store them in a tool box where they rattle around with the pliers, hammers, chisels, and so forth.

Colorwash's Home

SJoy
Contributor III

This is exactly what I thought of as well.  Before I designed one, I searched in the marketplace to see what others have come up with. I thought fun little personalized name or initial would be good so if it got tossed in a tool box all would be well, scratches scuffs and all.  I wouldn't want to put a special picture on it for that same reason.

In case anyone doesn't know, these are also competing with new-fangled laser measuring tools. 

I use a tape measure weekly, and I can never have enough... one in the car, one in the house, one in the toolbox in one garage, one in toolbox in the back garage.... maybe I work too much lol 

swhittin
New Contributor

Loving this new product. I haven't had a sell yet but excited for it and love the in situ options!