MAJOR ISSUE : PRODUCT DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

nyclosangeles
Contributor III

Hello Fellow Designers😉
God Speed!

Yes, many of us all been pumped at some point at the thought of potential "DIGITAL DOWNLOADS" here on this platform, and what that may bring to our income table.🤗

I think it's still a SUPER idea, but I'd like to point out a concerning TRUTH to this new feature.
For MOST smaller paper products, such as CARDS, TAGS, INVITATIONS, ect. ..the PRICE between the  PHYSICAL product and the DIGITAL product, for me, do not VARY so much, I'd say, no more than a DOLLAR, which probably makes MORE sense to the CUSTOMER than the DESIGNER.

THIS WILL END UP A CATASROPHE TRAIN WRECK IF NOT ADDRESSED SOON.
YOU WILL SEE FOLKS SELLING THEIR STUFF FOR PENNIES  JUST TO MAKE A SALE AND IT WILL DISOURAGE CUSTOMERS FROM PURCHASING THE MORE EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS!!!

For Example:
A basic invitation:
Physical Price: $2.37
Digital Download Price: $2.88
Both:....

Now, this is FINE with me, especially with CARDS and INVITES.
BUT, when I'm selling a PHYSICAL PRODUCT POSTER for $17.76 
and CAN'T go HIGHER than %99 percent ROYALTY, that means if I opt to sell it in DIGITAL format, the customer will get my poster for a BARGAIN price of $5.12 ..or something CLOSE to that.

NO WAY!!!
ZAZZLE, I MAKE A STRONG SUGGESTION TO ALLOW THE DESIGNER TO SET OUR OWN ROYALTY AS HIGH AS WE WANT ON OUR DIGITAL PRODUCTS!!! YOU ARE CHEATING US!!!
I have HOURS in some of my designs, and would like the ROYALITY rate of the  PHYSICAL TO COINCIDE VERY CLOSELY to the PHYSICAL products, now that is JUST FOR ME AND MY OPINION. as for OTHERS, I'm not sure, But..

GIVE US THE FREEDOM TO SET OUR OWN ROYALTY HIGHER THAN THE 99 PERCENT!!!
I DISABLED A LOT OF MY DIGITAL PRODUCTS BECAUSE OF THIS !!!

12 REPLIES 12

nyclosangeles
Contributor III

Okay Fellow Creators...
I may have spoke too soon, and my HUMBLE APOLOGIES.
This MAY have been a BUG or a TEMPORARY ISSUE that has NOW seem to have been RESOLVED for now, and HOPEFULLY permanently.  I was experiencing MAJOR issues with being able to adjust the DIGITAL PRODUCT royalty rate, and now it seems that the issue is NO LONGER there.  BE PATIENT, not like me...haha and lol.. I am LEARNING every day to be more SLOW to SPEAK or in my case TYPE.  My TRUE and HUMBLE apologies.  Maybe they'll leave this post up for an EXAMPLE , I'd be glad too!!! 

Thanks ZAZZLE TEAM, and we do NOT thank you ENOUGH!!!
We ALL need to work on being more GRATEFUL!!!
This platform is MOSTLY AMAZING!

Gail_K
New Contributor III

The prices are an issue. I have yet to enable digital downloads in my stores. I really want to embrace it but the unlimited downloads and seeing the 50% off sale is putting me off. They are already reasonably priced without the discount.

nyclosangeles
Contributor III

Hi @Gail_K 
Hopefully all the "bugs" will get worked out and you'll be able to find a "comfortable" space for you here 🤗 I'm hoping the SAME for ALL of us!!! 
Best To You Gail!

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nyclosangeles we'd like to ask that you use normal capitalization in your posts and subject lines in the future. Using ALL CAPS for some words (or all words) can detract from readability and make posts more difficult to read. This can cause users to skip over your posts, which is probably not what you want. Thanks in advance.

@Scott 
Thanks!😌 I will sure respect this request!
Have a Super Blessed Day.
You do a Wonderful job keeping us posted & up to date!
Great Job!!!

KC
Contributor III

I'd also like to see the ability to set a royalty so that a price for a digital download can be higher.

Shakenbake
Contributor II

You can set the royalty rate for your digital downloads, and the price goes up but then for some reason the percentage you get still isn't correct. Also there should be a global royalty setter for digital like there is for printed. But I can seem to find that option 

nyclosangeles
Contributor III

@Shakenbake 🤔l
I'm sure the team is working on solutions for this.
This is something new for all of us.  I keep reminding myself to have patience at all points.
The glitch should be fixed soon.  Hang in there!

chefcateringbiz
Valued Contributor

At the moment I have to use posters for what should be letterhead, so the price of a menu or recipe "poster" is $9-12 or something, and the download is just $3-something. When/if letterhead becomes available it will be easier for the customer, but my percentage would go way down. I'll actually stick to posters, then, just for the download price. If they want the paper version, it will be elsewhere in my store (if they even visit the store).

nyclosangeles
Contributor III

@chefcateringbiz 😊
Very good insight.  I definitely see the wisdom in this!!!
Hope you have a great run in Zazzle creations & sales!!!

GLS
New Contributor II

Wait- I am still not seeing the option to set my royalty for DD at more than 99% . Am I missing something? A customer can now Download my New Year card design for $3 and then print it on their own printer or send it via their email to 1000 clients for free. Is that correct?? IF so why should I keep the DD option available?? Advice please ...

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

We don't allow the royalty to be set above 99%.

Even still, at 99% royalty you'll find that the product price will be $85 for an instant download. If a customer is purchasing an Instant Download for $3 it's because royalty was set to ~72%. So there's plenty of flexibility with regards to pricing.