Video and Media Sizes for 2024?

TAngelone
Contributor III

Could someone please be so kind as to post the most current dimensions/sizes for both collections and product videos for 2024  please? I have searched exhaustively and still DO NOT know the correct sizes for making videos for products and collections. Furthermore I would also like to know what the required dimensions are product cover photos and for collections cover photos. Thanks in advance.  Should videos be square or rectangular or both?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

I replied HERE where you also asked this.

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Fantabuloustef
New Contributor III

I think it's explained here: https://www.zazzle.com/creators/playbook/media+manager

Screenshot:

Fantabuloustef_0-1713951863682.png

Oh no! I made my first collection video yesterday, and it is square!

They say 1080 by 1920 px is recommended for optimal view on a smartphone, but that other sizes are welcome too. Personally I’m posting all my videos in the same square format as picture. It’s maybe not perfect on smartphones but what I saw in my Google analytics boards is that I have not a lot of viewers using a smartphone. Mainly computers and tablets… 

Connie I know this is a bit off topic but. I am aware of the fact that you are enrolled in the PDA Course by Jenn and Elke Clarke. They stated that making Zazzle videos is covered in their PDA Course. I myself purchased their POD Starter Kit and video is NOT covered. I myself cannot afford the PDA course as it is too expensive for me. Perhaps you might want to consult with them and search their course materials to gain a clearer insight into what the video dimensions should be. That stated I have received conflicting information and wish that Zazzle would provide less vague and surface information about these topics. Thanks for your response. 

Connie The reason why I know about your enrollment in the PDA is because Elke Clarke mentioned you and a question you posted in the Collections Workshop. She also addresses you directly a few times during the video. I simply made the correlation. 

Connie
Honored Contributor

Yes, they do cover Zazzle videos in the course materials. There are some videos showing HOW to use Canva to make the videos, but they don't say if the example size is THE correct size to use. From what I've seen in the PDA community, people have different preferences, and they all seem to work fine. So I guess it's the same as here- no definitive answer!

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

@Connie 

Square is the best way. See my reply to @TAngelone here.

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

I checked your screenshots. Regarding google analytics data, it seems that 1080 * 1920 is the most common size of a full smartphone screen. As we can see in your screenshots from your other post, the video does not use the full screen as there are other data displayed by zazzle below and above (  search bar + pictures carousel ) . That’s why the square video looks much better. 

Connie
Honored Contributor

Thank you! This is exactly the information we need! I guess I'll stick with square videos!

CreativeLeahG
Honored Contributor III

Don't worry, all mine are square and based on @ColsCreations review (linked below) I shall probably continue creating square videos.  https://community.zazzle.com/t5/store-management/list-of-image-sizes-for-your-storefront/m-p/147653/...

Graphics Bundles ️ Ninja Niche Course Invitation Design Course ️ Mockups and TemplatesFREE Advice/Guides/tips ️by LeahG Pro Platinum

TAngelone
Contributor III

Thanks for the responses. I am aware of the Zazzle Playbook. That only states that the video size is supposed to be 1080 by 1920 px however as others have pointed out there are other sizes that are square as opposed to rectangular. It is very frustrating when I get conflicting information and have no clear understanding of what we should be aiming for in terms of sizes and dimensions for videos. 

What square dimensions are being used? Can said square dimensions be used in addition to rectangular dimensions? This is very frustrating and confusing. Thanks. 

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

I replied HERE where you also asked this.

TAngelone
Contributor III

Sorry for the tone of my previous posts. I am still confused as to whether we should aim for square or rectangular videos or use a combination of both. What are the square and rectangular dimensions? Being armed with this information will help myself as well as others who either read or subscribe to this thread to make an informed choice about what videos and their dimensions we should be aiming for. Thanks in advance for all responses. 

Connie
Honored Contributor

ColsCreations made it clear that the best informed choice is square. But if you WANT to make it rectangular, that's fine also- just be aware that it will be cropped on Zazzle, As far as dimensions, ColsCreations also answered that. Zazzle suggests 1080x1920 for rectangular, so square would be 1080x1080. But they left it open to a variety of sizes, so if you prefer something different, go ahead and use it!

TAngelone
Contributor III

Thank you all again for your responses. Being armed with this information is extremely helpful. Thanks again.