Product Insights Are Inaccurate

klstock
Contributor III

I have some Pinterest pins for collections and individual products that are getting many views, saves and click throughs as evidenced by my Pinterest analytics. I have gotten sales on these items in the same week that I have made these pins. These items had been pushed back in the marketplace by Zazzle (even though they sell well), which is why I amped up my pinning efforts on these products.....

The names on a couple different sales I got in the last week after making these new pins match the names of people who saved my pin to their boards....yet in the Zazzle product insights, it claims no sales for this same time-frame and that Zazzle brought 98% of the traffic while I supposedly only brought 2%!  That is wildly inaccurate. 

So I started checking through other product insights - ones I know I brought traffic for, and also ones I know are products I have never promoted ....

What I am finding is that on the products that I have promoted on Pinterest and elsewhere and know that I've generated traffic and sales - this is when Zazzle claims that they generated almost 100% of the traffic. But on products that I have never promoted - ones I'd forgotten about or haven't had time to promote yet that have few views - then Zazzle claims that I generated 100% of traffic! 

For anyone who is doing a lot of their own promoting, have you noticed any similar discrepancies? 

7 REPLIES 7

Waqar_Muhammad
Contributor

I may be mistaken, but based on my experience, Zazzle's product insights often take a bit of time to update their metrics. Regarding the issue you mentioned about not promoting your product yet Zazzle showing 100% traffic generation, it's worth noting that if a product has zero views in the last week, it automatically shows 100% traffic generation by default. This might be the case here. Hopefully, the insights will update soon to provide a clearer picture. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Hi, the ones with few or no recent views that I am referring to don't concern me as much except that when there are few to no views the Zazzle product insights makes the distinction that "I" generated 100% of the no views.

In the case of the ones I have promoted and have gotten many views, click-throughs and even sales, product insights credit Zazzle for generating nearly 100% of the traffic when that is absolutely not accurate.

It is not a matter of simply not updating or lagging behind. It is updating - and the graph shows a big jump on the dates exactly coinciding with my Pinterest pins - it had to have updated in order to know/show that spike.

The graph on the product insights says 'last updated yesterday'. And the spike it shows is accurate - but it seems Zazzle is flipping it and taking credit for that spike by attributing it to their marketing when in fact it was mine. This particular pin thus far has netted me 14 new saves to other peoples' boards, and 219 click throughs, and sales from 2 different people who pinned it to their boards in the last week - yet the Zazzle insights is claiming they generated 98% of my traffic on that. No way that is accurate. 

I am just curious if anyone else has noticed anything off on the product insights. 

If your royalty history states "self-referred," it indicates that you've generated traffic for your sales. However, if it says "3rd party" or "none," it means that Zazzle has generated the traffic.

I'm am aware of that, and I am not describing what should be, but what is happening. 

I'm interested in people who have their own analytics/stats via their own website, Pinterest, or other marketing stats to compare with what Zazzle is reporting in their "product insights". 

For me, it is working well.

Waqar_Muhammad_0-1708932613305.png

That is great if it is accurate for you. In the example I gave it is not accurate for me. 

Waqar_Muhammad_1-1708932746404.png