Thank You Zazzle! Chat Button Moved!

Connie
Honored Contributor

Yay! Zazzle moved the Chat button! Thank you Zazzle!

Screenshot 2024-04-11 164632.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

Cat
Honored Contributor II

NOOOO! This is horrible! Now there's no way to see the bottom right hand corner of the design!

Cat_0-1712869773451.png

Connie
Honored Contributor

That's weird! On mine, it's between the design area and the preview! Are you zoomed in? I keep mine at the "Fit" size, unless I need to line up a tiny detail or something, then I zoom in temporarily.

Cat
Honored Contributor II

No... that's with it set to fit. If I zoom way out I can see the bottom corner, but it doesn't help if I have to do something in that corner that requires any sort of precision.

Connie
Honored Contributor

I wonder if Zazzle's still working on it, or if it depends on your screen size or something? With my browser set to 100%, I have to zoom way in before the chat button begins to cover up my design.

Cat
Honored Contributor II

I dunno. At first I thought it was because I had my browser set to 125% - I have trouble reading the tiny type otherwise. But even set to 100% it still covers the corner of a square design when set to fit.

Cat_0-1712887818397.png

It's not an insurmountable problem - especially since I've figured out how to work around it. Just a pain in the arse to have to keep changing the settings in order to see part of the design. I liked it much better where it was before because if you wanted the previews you could just click on the magnifying glass to see them full screen - this is much more complicated.

But maybe there's something odd about my screen resolution or something. In case any tech types are looking at this. I'm using Windows 11, Edge Browser, screen resolution of 1920 x 1200.

Connie
Honored Contributor

I'm not a tech type, so I can't answer that. I found it very annoying when it was covering up the preview, so for me, this change is helpful. And I know a lot of other people asked for it to be moved as well. But I'm sorry it isn't good for you. Maybe there just isn't anywhere they can put it that won't disrupt something!

Cat
Honored Contributor II

Probably true that it's always gonna disrupt something. I just wish there was a better way around it. Maybe I just need an enormous monitor or something. My current monitor is 24 inches, but clearly it isn't big enough to overcome this issue. Sigh.

KeegansCreation
Valued Contributor III

You can always hit the arrow to hide the layers panel and then the design space moves left  but chat stays in same place.Screenshot 2024-04-11 174642.png

KeeganCreations

Cat
Honored Contributor II

Well... that's a sort of decent work around... but still when I zoom in there's no way to see the bottom corner. If they would let you scroll beyond the bottom and the right it wouldn't be a problem, but even with your trick, if I'm zoomed in at all (anything bigger than fit) in on a square shaped design this is what I see: 

Cat_0-1712876122845.png

I guess I'm gonna have to get better eyes or something!

Cat
Honored Contributor II

OK... posting this for the benefit of anyone who might have the same problem. I found a work around, but it's not at all ideal. If I shrink the zoom on my browser screen way down to around 50%, and collapse the layers panel, I can then zoom in and still see the bottom corner:

Cat_0-1712876791631.png

It will work in a pinch, but the tools all become pretty much microscopic at that point, so you wouldn't want to use this trick unless you really had to - and pity the poor customer who might find themselves in need of seeing that corner - their chances are pretty much zero. 

It would be super helpful if Zazzle could either make the chat bubble moveable, or allow us to scroll beyond the edge so we can get around it. 

@Connie & @KeegansCreation 

Cat
Honored Contributor II

OK... new discovery. I was tearing my hair out trying to work on some stuff in the bottom right hand corner of an invitation - hiding and unhiding the layers panel so I could get the correct layer selected. In the midst of all that I accidentally clicked on the chat bubble and it suddenly disappeared! I don't know what that means for customers who actually want to use the chat feature, but I thought it was interesting.

mrdoodle
New Contributor II

Absolutely HATE anything that pops up, floats or whatever. Make it a static element embedded in the page.

Cat
Honored Contributor II

OK, one more potential work around. I tried clicking on the chat with us thing again, hoping it would just go away like before, but this time it opened a chat window. I was sorta hoping that there might be some way to close the chat window and make the whole thing go away - no dice - BUT it does move the thing out of the way so I can at least see the bottom corner of the design.

So here's what it looks like when the chat with us thing is in the way:

Cat_1-1712909575784.png

But if you click on it you get this.

Cat_0-1712909501090.png

It covers up most of the tools in the right hand panel, but at least you can access the bottom corner of the design to arrange the artwork. 

So I suppose toggling back and forth between those two chat views to as necessary so you can access the artwork or the tools is another possible workaround... still a massive pain though. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Pixelan
Valued Contributor

What might help is pressing F11, this put's your browser window in full screen, press again or ESC to exit full screen mode. I've tested it on Firefox and Chrome, and in my case the bubble doesn't overlap.

Cat
Honored Contributor II

I always work at full screen. I think it must be my monitor resolution - it has a slightly taller (squarer) aspect ratio than standard 16:9 monitors. It's really only a problem when I need to zoom in on that corner of the design, which seems to happen more often than I thought it would!

Anne
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting that, @Cat  I also got that "now chatting" window, as I was unable to select a font and accidentally clicked the chat button.
(can't make this up 😂, only on Zazzle)
I really don't need more "work-arounds" as it is (though thank you for your input @Pixelan ).
I hope this is a temporary situation, as it needs to be fixed.
I would love for Zazzle to find a way to test things behind the scenes and not bug the designers with constant changes that are mostly unwelcome. Thank you.

Anne Vis Icon

Pixelan
Valued Contributor

Maybe  Zazzle devs could do a check: If (current user = store owner){ do not show chat bubble }

Or a simple close or opt-out button would also be nice.

WHS_Designs
Honored Contributor

my blue chat balloon disappeared from the Zazzle design tool yesterday, and I was ecstatic to see this.
only for it to reappear in the lower right corner today. 😞

it's like playing Whack-a-Mole!

Cat
Honored Contributor II

I'm guessing that it disappears when customer service is not available.

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

I believe you're correct as I rarely see the chat button as I do most of my tinkering in the evenings which would be after-hours for most people in the US. Not able to see it yesterday or today when I wanted to to see how it moves when changing window size, assuming because again, no CS on weekends. Which is good, I think that means it's real reps on the other end and not a chat-bot.

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

ArtVixen
Contributor

YAY! Now I can see my adjustments! 

James
Creator Team
Creator Team

Hi all, thank so much for your feedback and patience while we looked into this for you.

We can confirm that we have now hidden this chat icon for Creator accounts on Zazzle. 

Thank you.