ZAZZLE HAS BEEN HACKED - BE CAREFUL - DO NOT VERIFY CARD INFO VIA CHAT CENTER

DesirableDots
New Contributor II

I just woke to an email from zazzle telling me i have a message on zazzle, i log in and i see a message telling me i have made my first sale but as its my first i need to verify my id before they can show details and add to my account balance! seems normal so far..  

so i click ed the link provided in teh chat which is a payment.zazzle domain..     where i was asked to enter my card details and my balance to verify my id..     i did this with 2 cards as the first didn't work...   

i then receive a flurry of calls from barclaycard regarding registering my card with apple pay and trying to spend 2400!!  i then open email to find my bank email saying my apple pay registration was successful! 

It seems zazzle has been compromised and they are tricking users to verify their account  through zazzles message center!  

I have now cancelled my cards but wanted to warn the community to hopefully stop anyone else falling victim to this. I find websites that trade 7 days but only offer 5 days customer support super frustrating!i cant seem to contact zazzle at all so here i am!!

please be careful

14 REPLIES 14

sargesgiftshop
New Contributor III

Wow, great info. thanks for sharing. Hope you get it straightened out.

Ole Vietnam Combat Vet, Paratrooper with the 101st Abn. DIv., Vietnam 67/68

Aria_Art_House
New Contributor II

We received a strange chat message today as well that was sent from 'Support' with a link. I did not click it but reported it on here. Thank you for sharing as well and thank goodness your banks called you. 

waterart
Valued Contributor

I doubt very much that zazzle was hacked, it is more likely that the scammer signed up for a zazzle account and contacted you through chat posing as a zazzle employee. Zazzle should send everyone emails warning about this scam because it is becoming so common here or better yet remove chat before someone gets scammed out of their savings.

----------------------------------------
StyleArtc.com

Jyoti_jha
New Contributor II

Yes you are right . This is a new way to trap people.

Beth

@DesirableDots I'm so sorry you received this message.  Thank you for flagging this with us, I've alerted the team. 

You can find out more about how to handle spam messages here.

If you are in any doubt at all about a message you receive, do not click any links.  You can reach out to us at support@zazzle.com if you require assistance. 

Kind Regards,

Beth

I'm encountering issues too. No stats about print sales appear more, under product image in product list, logged in on my store.

Also other top international websites seems to have bugs recently and now. As usually they work fine, it can really be from scammers.

It's not a good time for everyone 🙂

I wish you the best,

Osea

Kobbywise
New Contributor II

I also got that message through the chart center and it was telling me that , one of my customers has made a successful purchase of my product and they are having issues to let the money to reflect in my account, so they provide me a link to follow and buy a domain name so that the money can reflect in the account ,but I didn't .Is this too a scammed message? 

Malissa
Valued Contributor

yes.  Zazzle does not require you to buy a domain name or anything else to sell on the site and they will not contact you in a chat like that asking you to click a link.  

My Zazzle StoreMy Art WebsiteMy PinterestMy Art InstagramMy YouTube ChannelTiktok Icon

Kobbywise
New Contributor II

Screenshot_2024-03-31-02-44-50.png

Screenshot_2024-03-31-02-47-20.png

Screenshot_2024-03-31-02-44-50.png

 Thank you Malissa. 

All members are to becareful with this scum messages. 

Malissa
Valued Contributor

Also, note that it says "Zazzle user" next to the z logo.  Zazzle support has an official badge that shows when they message you.  Any "Zazzle user" or "Zazzle creator" is not official -only a site user or one who has created a shop here respectively.  

My Zazzle StoreMy Art WebsiteMy PinterestMy Art InstagramMy YouTube ChannelTiktok Icon

Jadendreamer13
Valued Contributor II

If you review the forum regularly, you will have seen dozens of similar reports, and a fair number of Zazzlers who actually provided their banking information. This scam has been consistently reported for the last 6-9 months. I think more forum participation is better than less forum participation. Shutting down the forum would be detrimental to creators, in my humble opinion.

chefcateringbiz
Valued Contributor

I can't believe people are still falling for these scams. NEVER give your phone, address, or other personal info or card number to someone who comes along and asks for it, PERIOD. Doesn't matter what company or organization or gub'mint office they claim to be attached to. It's the SCAM to sound legit. No response is the only response you should give.

BEERDER
New Contributor

Samething happened to me in this morning! Information about the amount my bank gives me and chatbot was not match. THen I recognized that it's trap

igiftcenter
Valued Contributor

I know it's a little late for this but.....

Anyone you know who appears to be contacting you via chat..... always just skip the communication and call directly to the bank, business, contact who claims to be contacting  you.  Remember....

How can you know for sure who is contacting you though a digital / online environment?
When I get emails saying my bank is requesting information.... I just call the bank directly. I'm not going to take a chance that the digital communication is safe or even from the entity or person it says it's from. And never, ever, ever click links in a communication to verify ID or personal information.