Zazzle Withholding My Payment & W-8Ben Form Submission - Urgent Call for Resolution!

Zwosh
New Contributor II

I want to share my experience with the Zazzle community regarding ongoing issues with my W-8BEN form. Despite submitting it multiple times since December 2023, Zazzle has not accepted my form, resulting in the withholding of my payment. I have repeatedly been asked to resubmit the form without clear guidance, receiving the same generic email responses from the Zazzle W-8 review team.

After requesting more specific instructions, I was finally given feedback on what needed to be corrected. I promptly made the necessary changes and resubmitted my form. However, since then, I have not received any updates on the status of my submission, despite reaching out for clarification. On my earnings dashboard, it still says "We cannot pay you because your payment settings are incomplete."

In contrast, other platforms like Shutterstock and Adobe Stock processed my W-8BEN form within hours, which raises concerns about Zazzle's handling of payments and its treatment of designers.

It is disheartening to see numerous complaints from fellow designers about similar experiences with Zazzle's W-8 review team, and it appears that senior management has not taken adequate steps to address these issues. 

As someone who recently became a parent and is working hard to make ends meet, the lack of payment for my efforts on Zazzle is deeply troubling. I have been working day and night on Zazzle for the last 3 months, and not getting my payment is affecting my mental health. Many of us rely on these payments to cover our expenses, just like the members of the W-8 review team would rely on their salaries. Imagine how they would feel if their salary was withheld without clear explanation or resolution.

Additionally, I have a question: if there is any issue with the W-8BEN form, then why does Zazzle hold the entire payment instead of 30% tax? Why is Zazzle doing this?

If this situation is not resolved promptly, I may have no choice but to delete my account and seek alternative print-on-demand platforms that value and respect the contributions of their designers. I hope that Zazzle will take the necessary steps to address these issues and ensure fair treatment for all its designers.

3 REPLIES 3

chuamishael
Contributor III

Me too, I'm worried about this, zazzle should have automate this already, is it possible they mishandle their money and have no money to pay the designers anymore? 🤔

Zwosh
New Contributor II

I share your concerns. It's frustrating that Zazzle hasn't automated this process yet, especially considering how important it is for designers. I hope it's not a case of mishandling money, but the delays are definitely worrying. It's crucial for designers to receive timely payments for their work.

Zwosh
New Contributor II

@Fiona @Pádraig Can you please help me with my issue? I will be very grateful to you.