Help me understand with the Royalty math

J32Design
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I've just sold the same digital product to 2 different customers.

The details of the sales are:

Customer 1 - 3rd party, Subtotal $11.95, Royalty % at 92.89%, Royalty = $8.32
Customer 2 - self, Subtotal $11.95, Royalty % at 92.89%, Royalty = $8.32

$11.95 = Sales price
$11.10 = 92.89% Royalty Percentage
- $0.56 Transaction Fee
- $1.79 referral fee for 3rdparty and self at 15%
= $8.75 remaining

How did I end up with a royalty of $8.32?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

J32Sale.jpg** Nevermind the Referral amount & Total Net Earnings amount shown for the Promoter Program as it's been confirmed that Instant Downloads are exempt from the 35% rate applied to other items.

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

PacifierCity
Valued Contributor II

@J32Design 

If memory serves me correct... per our agreements with Z... the referral fee that Z removes is actually 20%... 15% of which is used towards the payment to self or 3rd party.  Not sure that makes up the difference though... don't have the time to do the math, but that is at least part of it... I think...

PC

-Thoughts from Pacifier City a JB Designs brand. Follow/join us on Pinterest. Visit Pacifier City Cards for Amazing Kids Birthday & Holiday Cards. It's Elementary is for K-5 kids, parents & programs. Please promote and share our goods. Thanks! #pacifiercity

Hi, I'm following you on Pinterest. Wow, how do you get so many VIEWS!! if you don't mind me asking? my highest views are about 10k.

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

J32Sale.jpg** Nevermind the Referral amount & Total Net Earnings amount shown for the Promoter Program as it's been confirmed that Instant Downloads are exempt from the 35% rate applied to other items.

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

J32Design
Contributor III

Thank you both! I forgot about it being 20% carve out fee.

Caprice
Valued Contributor

(Sorry - just realized this was a thread about INSTANT downloads; this sale was not. Why can't we delete errant posts?)