What's the Cancellation policy for digital downloads?

Cat
Honored Contributor II

Now that I've made my first digital sale, it occurred to me that the standard cancellation policy might not make sense for these types of transactions. The FAQ says this:

What is the refund policy for Instant Downloads? Customers know and trust Zazzle for our 100% Satisfaction guarantee. We will explore the best way to represent digital content during and after the initial beta test to better understand the motivation for customer returns. As always, any exploits of our goodwill policy will not be tolerated. We seek to understand customer return motivations.

Just wondering if you're taking it on a case by case basis or what - and how you will know what motivates customers to cancel. Seems like it could be easily exploited by bad actors, but I suppose that's always the case. Just curious, 'cause yanno... now that I've made my first five bucks from digital I'm eager for it not to go pink! 😉

idraw
Honored Contributor

Found this--

klstock 10-24-2022 07:15 AM in response to James---

"Customers know and trust Zazzle for our 100% Satisfaction guarantee.  We will explore the best way to represent digital content during and after the initial beta test.  As always, any exploits of our goodwill policy will not be tolerated.  We seek to understand customer return motivations (e.g., % returned before download, canceled events, unexpected interactions with the published design (fonts are not interactive, etc.))"

Does this mean the customer can buy the digital download - and then for some reason claim the event was canceled or give some other reason and then have it canceled/refunded? You can't return a digital file, that genie would be out of the bottle meaning they just got the artwork for free? 
James  Moderator   ‎10-26-2022 10:15 AM in response to klstock 
We are looking into making Instant Downloads
so they are non-returnable / non-refundable.

Barbara
Honored Contributor II

When I was running a business that was purely digital download, it was stated right up front that there were no "returns" and no refunds. Only twice did a customer write to me for a refund, one being they'd gotten excited and bought the same product a second time. I checked sales and found she told the absolute truth, and so I gave her a refund. The second time wasn't quite a refund. It was a replacement of all the products she'd bought and had on her computer when said computer crashed and died. This was a good customer and I had no reason to disbelieve her.

I imagine there could be more reasons than tho two I experienced, but regardless, it's fairly easy to sense the veracity in such requests. I suspect customer service will be trained to do the same. Will there be some bad actors who succeed? Probably.

Colorwash's Home

chefcateringbiz
Valued Contributor

"All digital purchases are final" <== There, I fixed it for ya, Zazzle.

KittyValentine
Contributor

I just saw that one of my Instant Download sales turned red. Can an Instant Download (still) be canceled? And what if a customer buys the instant download design plus printed items and then cancels?

WAHMTeam
New Contributor II

Just had a digital download sale cancelled.  What's is the policy on this Zazzle?  They now have my artwork....

Not necessarily. Digital orders have to go through the same content reviews as physical. This can take anywhere from a minute to an hour after the product is purchased. So it's entirely possible the customer did not get your download in this case. 

Lisa-B

Hi all, Yes as @Cat  added at the top of this thread. "Customers know and trust Zazzle for our 100% Satisfaction guarantee. We will explore the best way to represent digital content during and after the initial beta test to better understand the motivation for customer returns. As always, any exploits of our goodwill policy will not be tolerated. We seek to understand customer return motivations".

At the moment we are processing this on a case by case basis in Customer Support depending on the circumstances or issues.

Lisa 🌸

baobunz
New Contributor III

Hi Lisa

One of my digital downloads went pink after 9 days. I have no choice but to think the worst of the customer. Can someone look into this please?

Thanks

raindwops
New Contributor II

As of today, customer can still cancel digital download?

I had one customer who bought physical print + digital download and both get cancelled.