I was just thinking...

ATayloredDesign
Contributor

Wouldn't it be nice to start a "pay it forward" trend? I've been pinning to Pinterest every new collection I see pop up from the creators I follow. Would it be nice if we all did that? Just think of the possibilities. God always rewards those who give. It would benefit everyone. Thoughts?

13 REPLIES 13

Windy
Honored Contributor

Nice idea. But when I see someone has created a new collection, I go to look at it and it's always empty of product.

Maybe it hasn't indexed yet.

Windy
Honored Contributor

Usually  it's because when someone creates their very first product of the collection, and creates a collection for that product, there really is nothing in the collection except for that one product. And you are right, it has not yet indexed--so even that one product will not yet show. Meanwhile, Zazzle has sent emails to all the followers of that store.  It takes days before the collection shows with several products. I like the idea of sharing a collection someone just created, however, I have no time to be checking back in a few days to see if that collection is ready to share yet.

I decided to check my notification once or twice a week and then share whatever new collections I have in there on Pinterest and I'm already seeing some results. It pays to help others. My suggestion is to follow creators on both Pinterest and on Zazzle to help each other. If we all did this our businesses would grow really fast.

ElizabethR
Contributor III

Great idea. We were thinking along this line. Give us a couple more days to get things ready and we will post a special request for the stores and products of another designer many of you should know.

Okay, we decided not to wait any longer. Please help reactivate IconDoIt's store.

https://www.zazzle.com/mbr/238155573613991097

They haven't had attention for around a year. About half her products were hidden for optimization. They are back in the MP. Designs on discontinued products are being transferred to live products. So please help reactivate her stores and come back consistently to promote more products and designsa and s they are re-released into the MP

I hope some of you are promoting IconDoIt. She has beautiful designs, but, I'm sure like some other designers, she can no longer work in her stores.

I shared the lawyer gift collection.

Thank you. We are trying to get her stores more active again.

MOM
Contributor II

I will try to learn more about Pinterest. I don't quiet understand it yet because I never used it before November of last year. Especially how to share/forward stuff on it. I do on other platforms (I understand better) though. Please bare with me.

San FranciscoSan FranciscoFacebookflickrInstagramLinkedinPinterestRedditTikTokThreadsvimeoXYouTube

Pinterest is a great tool. It is a search engine like Google is. People go there to shop so you can post links. Look into getting a business account. It's free. Than way you can track analytics. Just be careful because they will shut you down if you share too many pins in a day. I'm told 4-6 per day of your own pins is good. And you can can pin other ideas to your boards as well to help others. I like it. 

MarilynR
Contributor III

Leslie/IconDoIt has a store with designs for lawyers.

https://www.zazzle.com/store/lawyergifts

They would also make great gifts for students graduating from law school. Maybe you could earn some referrals.

chefcateringbiz
Valued Contributor

This has actually been tried over and over and over again. It isn't organic, however, and that's why it doesn't "work" most of the time. You'll get people initially interested, then they eventually fall off because they don't want to put in the work to promote you, they want you to promote them, OR you get followers whose designs aren't really up to your own level and don't fit in with the rest of your design collections and you have to drop them. Human nature, hard at work.