How to reduce time creating videos and covers and remove ambiguity re what customer is ordering

CreativeLeahG
Honored Contributor III

Issues identified:

• Concerns customers think all items in a collection are included in a single product price.
  • Time involved creating covers and videos.

How I am approaching these issues:

I create templates for videos in Canva (there is a free version).

This means that in addition to not having to design new templates for each collection ( I just pop the products into their place holders, tweak colors and text) but that I can download this one template both as a video AND as individual png images to use as covers so I am not creating videos and covers.

I am not creating covers for individual items due to time constraints. If you want to use a collection cover for individual products you can add a line of text to the image to say ' View the full collection - items ordered separately' or words to that effect to remove any concerns for the customer that they're buying the whole set!

Additionally you can edit the visual view preferences for the product so that the media image is NOT the first image or dominant image. You can choose one of Zazzle's mockups instead. Then your media image will be second not the one visible in the marketplace. This perhaps defeats the object for Zazzle however and once you have a collection built that collection image is not required as it will be added automatically by Zazzle (as a second image) unless you select it to be the main one.

Here is a sample video.

https://www.zazzle.com/lets_go_party_malibu_pink_doll_girly_birthday_invitation-256798985818757755

I will create a template soon other creators can use for collections with a tutorial shortly. If this is something of interest let me know as if there is little interest I can save myself the time.

I hope this helps Zazzlepreneurs!

Graphics Bundles ️ Ninja Niche Course Invitation Design Course ️ Mockups and TemplatesFREE Advice/Guides/tips ️by LeahG Pro Platinum
9 REPLIES 9

Wesha
Contributor

That Collection video looks awesome 🙂

CreativeLeahG
Honored Contributor III

Thank you Wesha!

Graphics Bundles ️ Ninja Niche Course Invitation Design Course ️ Mockups and TemplatesFREE Advice/Guides/tips ️by LeahG Pro Platinum

Connie
Honored Contributor

How long does it take you to make a video template? It would take me HOURS to figure out a good template that can be used for more than one collection!

CreativeLeahG
Honored Contributor III

To create the first template is perhaps 30mins or less. I can't be sure because as you know we lose all track of time when designing! But it feels like minutes not hours. 

shoshannahscrib
New Contributor III

Thanks for this great idea. Do you have any advice for setting a cover image for your canva videos. I am having trouble with that! Zazzle is showing my videos as blank or with a very random cover image that does not show the product.

Can you share one of your videos so I can see what you mean? You can pm if you prefer.

ATayloredDesign
Contributor

This is so awesome! Thank you!

TAngelone
Contributor III

Can someone please post what the video dimensions for products and collections should be? Moreover should videos be square or rectangular or both? I have received very conflicting information both here on the Zazzle forum and elsewhere about this topic. I am feeling frustrated and lost. Again I as well as others are searching for the actual dimensions for product and collections videos both square and rectangular. And yes I have reviewed the Zazzle Playbook and other information that Zazzle provides and I am still unclear and need further information. Thanks in advance. 

CreativeLeahG
Honored Contributor III

Re videos, I don't know what they 'should be' but I do square, 800px x 800px and no more than 20 seconds duration.