Zazzle Print Cut Sew Accessory Pouch Review AND Info for Creators :)

Amanda23
Contributor II

Hi!

I am a relatively new creator on Zazzle (I opened my store last spring but didn't advertise until November), and I got VERY excited about Zazzle's new print cut sew product line. I created a ton, and I ordered several for some special "mother" figures in my life for this coming Sunday. 😄

I have them all in hand now and love them, BUT I've noticed one thing I think other creators may want to know as they create this product. 

This is my first Zazzle video, and if people find the video review/creator tips format helpful, I'd love to do more in the future. I hope you will take a look. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUSKgFq_TAE

The video covers the following: 

1. The product review (you can see a large and small pouch side by side and in "real life")

2. Several tips/suggestions for designers (some may be more useful to you depending on your level of design experience, but there's one big caution for anyone creating for these products)

3. Some hopes for the future of this product. 

23 REPLIES 23

Baylee
Valued Contributor

Wow.....super job on the video! This isn't a product I've design yet myself but I would love to see a video like this for every single product on Zazzle ..... so I hope you keep going 😄. Love that you included so much helpful detail and you really brought these pouches to life. Great job!

Thank you so much, @Baylee ! I am so happy that you found the video informative and helpful. I would definitely like to create more videos and will help how I can! I heard Zazzle’s product list is up to like 2K items now, so I’m not sure I’ll get to them all. 😂

I will be sure to post here when I release the next one. Thank you again for checking it out and making the time to comment. 

Amanda

MOM
Contributor II

Loved this video - very well done. And thanks so very much for bringing up those designing issues as well because for other Zazzle designers out there that's very valuable input - kudos to you!!

San FranciscoSan FranciscoFacebookflickrInstagramLinkedinPinterestRedditTikTokThreadsvimeoXYouTube

Amanda23
Contributor II

Thank you, MOM! 😂 (Love the screen name! )

I will definitely keep designers updated if I see any changes as well. I don’t want people to over adjust or do so past the point when they need to, but I definitely want to help make sure our customers are happy and love the items we have worked so hard to create for them. 

I appreciate your support. 
Amanda

eclecticrose
Contributor

Your video was so informative. I have made a few pouches but not ordered any yet so I need to go back and look at them all again. Thank you for the helpful info. I always enjoy seeing the actual product being shown. I hope you do continue to make more of these videos and that you do well with your store. 

Hi, @eclecticrose .

Thank you for the compliment and well wishes for my store. 😊 

In going back to your designs, definitely focus on the back, bottom side. One thing occurred to me a little later and I’m going to check it out today…I had some writing on the front of one of the pouches and didn’t notice the issue, but I need to see how far I had that type off the green safe print line. Where do you think would be the best place to update that info so people see it? I will definitely include it somewhere in this thread. I am still learning these forums and their organization. 

Thank you again for your positive words. 
Amanda

bkthompson
New Contributor III

This is great - thank you for doing it! It was very informative and helpful. I saved it to a playlist of Z stuff and I pinned it for others to find!

Thank you so much! I am over the moon today. The response to the video is really encouraging. 🙂

I really appreciate that you added the video to a playlist! I will definitely follow up to find your channel and Pinterest. I had a whopping 6 subscribers as of yesterday, and I'll be honest, several of them were from various email accounts of my own. 🤣 (Shh, don't tell!) I appreciate all the extra publicity I can get. I think my Pinterest has about 2 people, too, so yes, a little traction from that site would be helpful as well. 

Thank you again for commenting on the video itself. I really appreciate you taking the time. 🙂
Amanda

KeegansCreation
Valued Contributor III

Thanks for the critical info on the bleed line. You had me running back to my cosmetic bags and luckily the only one where I put the personalization near the bleed line it was at the top rather than at the bottom. It looks so nice and equidistant in the preview but your video shows the bottom bleed line is in the wrong place. Yikes! This is critical info for all designers. Thanks for highlighting it.

KeeganCreations

Thank you, @KeegansCreation.

I was a little worried about causing panic, but I also felt it was critical for others to know. I shared the info in the actual Print, Cut and Sew forum post, but I don't know if people are still looking there, and I find it's sometimes hard to keep track as a post grows longer in responses and decipher which individual comments I need to read to be fully informed! 

I am really glad your customization was at the top. I had a few that have things in the middle and was glad for that! I am now wrestling with what I would like to do with these products moving forward. I have MANY that are impacted, and because I'm pretty new, I can't just go in and update. I advertised the bags a lot on Facebook (my main platform), and so there are lots of links I will have to go back and take down or fix depending on what I do. Because it's a relatively new product, some of the bags are in decent position (especially for me as a new creator) on search, too, so I'm quite conflicted.

It's a bummer, but I understand why Zazzle is careful about not rolling it out to everyone. 

Thank you for taking time to comment. It is appreciated!

Amanda

Jadendreamer13
Valued Contributor II

Very well done, lots of good information to know before I design any of these products. I would love to see more videos like these. I subscribed to your channel. You rocked your first video!

Thank you so much! ☺️ 

I have been very excited today thinking about future video content and reviews!

Thanks for subscribing, too. I hope you will enjoy my future videos as well. 🥰

Amanda

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

Oh my gosh, that is so cool, you totally made my day! Thankyou for the "mentions". 😀

Besides that, I'm REALLY impressed with your expertise that went into making the video. I mean, you have 'scenes' with a static image of the design tool + an animated video of the actual product + a text overlay with more info + your voice over! I can only guess the time & know-how that went into putting all that together. And besides that, it's all super helpful to fellow designers, customers, and Zazzle themselves. Really well done!

Looking forward to seeing what product next captures your interest enough to get its own video. 👍

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

Thanks again, @ColsCreations . I worked really hard on the video, and at times I was ready to be lazy and just post it. lol. But I was hopeful the static images from the design tool to really show the guidelines and help people visualize would be a much better product in the end. It definitely makes me happy that it was appreciated and feels like that time was well-spent!

I currently have a few ideas in mind for my next video. I think my top contender is about one design "three ways" (eg. the same design printed on three products). They aren't new products to my knowledge (granted I've been on the platform since about a year ago and really only zoned in to new products for less than half that time), so I'm thinking this might be more interesting than just reviews on "older" product offerings... Thoughts? 

Amanda

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

@Amanda23 

I don't think my FB page gets much traffic but I gave your video a shout-out on it, maybe it will drive some views/subscribers your way. Don't know how to link directly to the post, but it's the most recent thing I have posted here:

https://www.facebook.com/everythingcolscreations/

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

@ColsCreations , thanks a TON! I have not advertised it on my own social media because the three women whose bags I show are all followers. lol Maybe after Mother's Day... I do think it turned out to be a video made more for designers, so I may make a shorter review as well that is targeted for customers. I'm hopeful that the corrected bag comes soon so I can use that instead!

I really appreciate your support. We all start somewhere, and any extra eyes are most welcome at this point! 🙂
Amanda

PLdesign
New Contributor III
Thank you for great video. I just checked my designs and thankfully most of monograms are on the middle. That's very concerning that their guide lines are so off. 

Thanks again for your support, @PLdesign . I am glad to hear most of your monograms were in the middle. I think that's probably the most common spot, so I'm hopeful that a lot of designers' favorite creations are unaffected. I do have some where the personalization and customization options are elsewhere, but it's a pretty massive blow to me. I'm bummed to lose a lot of views on products, as I tried to advertise them pretty highly and some are "trending." 

I know you've been on the platform for awhile. Do you know if "hiding" the product might be the best option rather than deleting entirely? I feel like I've read that, but I'm not sure. 

Thanks again for stopping in and offering your continued support!

Amanda

BKMuir
Valued Contributor II

@Amanda23  I think that you would want to make your posted products DIRECT ONLY - that way the links will still work. HIDING will break the links.

OH WOW! I had no idea! I have hidden some other items. I will do that. Thank you so much. 

Amanda

Amanda23
Contributor II

Hello! I shared the newest review (round throw pillows) here again in Tips and Tricks, but I thought I would let the group here know it is up because you were all so supportive last time and really inspired me to continue. Thank you. 🙂

It is waaaaay shorter than the last one, so you won’t need your favorite caffeinated beverage to make it all the way through. It’s just over a minute, but I hope it is still informative! 

https://youtu.be/f5YUMlxoq_g

P.S. if you do need a caffeinated beverage, stop Zazzling and go to bed! lol 

Amanda

MOM
Contributor II

Thank you - totally digged it. Again!! 👌🏽

San FranciscoSan FranciscoFacebookflickrInstagramLinkedinPinterestRedditTikTokThreadsvimeoXYouTube

Amanda23
Contributor II

Hooray! Thank you. 😄

Amanda