Customers No Longer SEE the Digital Downloads

wittyprintables
New Contributor II

I have received in about the last week and a half two emails and one message to the creator on Zazzle asking about how to obtain the digital download, or if one is available. I couldn't understand why I started to receive these until I noticed the image of the hand holding the phone with the invite on it is now missing unless you click along the side to the digital format.

I don't think customers are finding/looking for that "FORMAT" list button thingie because they don't see the option in the images first.

I wondered if my slow sales recently was due to the new products not being updated, but now I think it may be this.

6 REPLIES 6

Cat
Honored Contributor II

This makes me worry. I don't track my sales closely enough to know if my digital sales have slowed or not, but I do think they've made it harder to find. I REALLY hope they're not planning on discontinuing it or something, it's been a huge boost for me in general.

LoraSeverson
Contributor III

Now that you mention it, I do feel like my downloads have been less lately. But, like Cat, I do not track them specifically very closely. 

When the digital downloads were introduced, I noticed single invitation sales were drastically reduced. In that last 2 days I have had 3 different sales of one invite each - netting me only pennies. I do not feel this is a coincidence.

I liked how it was before.

I too had a single invitation sale recently that struck me as odd - mostly because I hadn't had any in a little while. But, now that you mention it, that is most likely the reason. I hope it gets switched back. 

LoraSeverson
Contributor III

So this conversation prompted me to look at my sales history. I had noticed they made the change on March 8th. My digital download sales are down 75% from March 8 to date compared to the month before the change. 

Clearly the customers cannot clearly see that there are digital downloads available. Heck, I had I hard time finding the images with the phone myself!

Zazzle, please consider making the digital downloads more noticeable. 

CreativeLeahG
Honored Contributor III

I noticed this and assumed the decision was based on Zazzle perhaps seeing a decline in printed items and they are perhaps considering the addition of the downloads to be a negative factor in the overall income generation scheme of things. I'm not sure of the reasoning but this would make sense. Before Zazzle introduced those phone holding covers I had created my own so I am largely unaffected (now they've removed their mockup) with regards to all the items I created covers for that had download as an option. For others that would be a workaround. Ie Create media covers with this display. You can do so in Canva using their mobile phone frames and mockups. That is if you feel the digital downloads improved income rather than reduced it. For me, I believe I mainly sell the prints and the downloads together. 

Graphics Bundles ️ Ninja Niche Course Invitation Design Course ️ Mockups and TemplatesFREE Advice/Guides/tips ️by LeahG Pro Platinum

I agree the work around is a viable choice.