Mug Image In Collection Thumbnail View Backwards (2024)

BevStuff
Contributor

I have mugs in Collections. In my view of my Collection, the mug designs are facing foreword so it's visible. When I get the link to share that Collection, the same mug that's in the Collection share thumbnail is turn backwards, so the design is NOT visible. It hasn't always been like that. But I notice this in any Collection sharing, the mugs in the Collection view thumbnail are skewed a different direction. Seems to me that could use a fix.

1 REPLY 1

Cat
Honored Contributor II

I can't tell if this is what you're seeing or not, but there's a bug in the product views for collections that's been there for a long while now where it shows the default view of the product in the collection instead of the preview image you chose via product merchandising. There is a workaround though. If you add the product to the collection from your store's back end product list (NOT from the individual product page, and NOT in the posting process) you'll get the correct view showing up in the collection. I'm not sure what happens if you add it from the relatively new collections management area.

If you already have it in the collection, you can just remove it and then add it back. It will, of course, be out of order once you do that, but it will get the correct view - though it usually takes a day or two to index.

Of course, if you add a cover photo it will use the cover instead of the Zazzle generated images and that also solves the problem. 

It would be SUPER helpful if this could rise to the top of someone's bug fix list, but in the meantime, I hope that helps!