Using Logo and Shop Name on Cover Photos

Jadendreamer13
Valued Contributor II

Can creators use logos or shop names on cover photos? I see an old thread that said marketing on cover photos was not allowed during beta testing, but I don’t see any recent rules against their use on cover photos placed on products or collection cover photos.

Thanks for any info you can share.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Beth

Hi @Jadendreamer13 

To clarify, creators have the freedom to use logos and shop names as they see fit in cover photos and videos if they feel it will enhance their marketing and sales efforts.

We do advise to primarily feature the product in cover photos or videos, or showcase a diverse range of products when creating for a collection. This ensures that the spotlight remains on the products listed for sale, while still allowing for creative flexibility to self promote a brand/store. 

Hope this helps! 

Beth

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Jadendreamer13
Valued Contributor II

In the Mega Moments contest rules just posted above, I do see one creator has added their shop name to one of the videos. So perhaps that is now also allowed in product and cover photos. Just want to make sure this is allowed before I give it a try.

Jadendreamer13
Valued Contributor II

I still can’t find a definitive answer on whether creators can add a logo and/or their shop names to product photos, collection cover photos, or videos. Since Zazzle is now requiring creators to take a more active role in marketing their products—and all the additional time and effort required—it makes sense that creators should be able to help shoppers easily identify their products with shop names and/or logos.

I’ve spent two days looking for a definitive answer but haven’t found any documentation on this topic.

Can Zazzle provide an answer to my question? Thanks!

Connie
Honored Contributor

A while back this question was asked, and I'm pretty sure Zazzle said yes. At the time, I commented on the fact that the marketplace will basically become a sea of ads.

Beth

Hi @Jadendreamer13 

To clarify, creators have the freedom to use logos and shop names as they see fit in cover photos and videos if they feel it will enhance their marketing and sales efforts.

We do advise to primarily feature the product in cover photos or videos, or showcase a diverse range of products when creating for a collection. This ensures that the spotlight remains on the products listed for sale, while still allowing for creative flexibility to self promote a brand/store. 

Hope this helps! 

Beth

Jadendreamer13
Valued Contributor II

Thank you, Beth!

Southwind
New Contributor III

Was just about to post a question on this subject and happy to find this thread:)

I have the same question and am seeking a definitive answer before applying logo to any product shots. Have attached one product shot as a sample—one is the basic shot, the other is same shot with logo applied. 

So, is this permitted? Still feeling unsure as to whether it is. Even wrote to tech support with an unclear reply. What say you?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Product shot w/o logo.Product shot w/o logo.Product shot with logo.Product shot with logo.

#1#2#3#4#5#6

Malissa
Valued Contributor

Beth's reply stated that we can at our discretion so the definitive answer is yes you can, but I would move the logo where it didn't cover the product at all if it were me because I feel like it detracts from the sweet bird design so front and center over part of his head.  

My Zazzle StoreMy Art WebsiteMy PinterestMy Art InstagramMy YouTube ChannelTiktok Icon

Southwind
New Contributor III

Malissa,

What a hoot…I am. chuckling, as you are absolutely right…did not notice the little bird’s head being covered. Perfect observation. I had just naturally placed the mark where it usually resides in other locations where it’s applied. Thanks for your reply and for taking the time to write.

#1#2#3#4#5#6