Why can't I enable digital download for my greeting cards?

WHS_Designs
Honored Contributor

Why can't I enable digital downloads for my greeting cards?

I can do it for some, but not for all. I think someone had already asked this question, but I can't find the thread.

Examples below:

(digital downloads enabled)
Inspirational Quote Sisters of the Heart Card | Zazzle 

(digital downloads not eligible and therefore can't be enabled)
Elegant 25th Silver Wedding Anniversary Thank You Card | Zazzle 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sara_H
Honored Contributor

@WHS_Designs I think it depends on the blank that you started with (I can't find the thread either) I have a few cards I can't enable either. I may reupload them to one that can be enabled (lose stats tho' - that's the downsize) 

https://www.zazzle.com/creators/playbook/instant+downloads+faqs

could have something to do with the paper breakout that happened so it wouldn't auto get picked up as the system sees it as not one of the chosen ones to be enabled as instant download

https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007491914-Putting-Your-Designs-on-the-Correct-Paper-Pro...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Sara_H
Honored Contributor

@WHS_Designs I think it depends on the blank that you started with (I can't find the thread either) I have a few cards I can't enable either. I may reupload them to one that can be enabled (lose stats tho' - that's the downsize) 

https://www.zazzle.com/creators/playbook/instant+downloads+faqs

could have something to do with the paper breakout that happened so it wouldn't auto get picked up as the system sees it as not one of the chosen ones to be enabled as instant download

https://help.zazzle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007491914-Putting-Your-Designs-on-the-Correct-Paper-Pro...

WHS_Designs
Honored Contributor

thanks @Sara_H !

I'm going to check out those links. 🙂

I was afraid you were going to mention paper breakout. 😞

I have some that have sold a fair bit as printed copies and are ineligible as digital downloads ... I definitely would not want to lose their stats!

PAZP
Valued Contributor

I just checked my Thank You cards and they aren't eligible for download. That might be the problem with your Silver Wedding Anniversary card. 

WHS_Designs
Honored Contributor

@PAZP 

thanks, Patricia! I think you've hit the nail on the head. 🙂

it's unfortunate that I can't really change the department to something more appropriate (because there really isn't anything more appropriate -- and that would probably negatively affect their searchability too). physically, the thank you cards aren't any different from my non-thank you cards. 

PAZP
Valued Contributor

It seems odd that the TY cards aren't eligible for download but I'm sure there was a reason Z decided not to allow it. OR maybe it somehow got missed and they'll see your post and comments then change it. 😉 I know, wishful thinking. 😁

WHS_Designs
Honored Contributor

@PAZP 

It is wishful thinking. 🙂 🙂 🙂

In the meantime, I'm going to be proactive and change my thank you cards to the other Suggested Marketplace Department > Invitations & Stationery > Greeting Cards > Thank You and see if they become digital download eligible afterwards (it's not instantaneous, I know -- I probably have to give department changes a day or two to be indexed).

PAZP
Valued Contributor
I just checked a variety of mine and note card size under that department aren't downloadable. 

WHS_Designs
Honored Contributor

@PAZP 

when I choose the 5"x7" thank you card, I can't make it eligible for digital downloads (changing the marketplace department doesn't help).  

when I choose the 5"x7" holiday greeting card, I can make it eligible for digital downloads.

it does seem kind of silly that to make a thank you card available for digital download, one must select the holiday greeting card and not the thank you card.

ETA1: from a quick peruse of the thank you cards on the Zazzle marketplace, none of the thank you cards that use the blank thank you card template are available for digital download.

ETA2: and after a bit more digging, here are the paper types that are eligible and ineligible for digital downloads: Digital Downloads - Zazzle (scroll down to the bottom of the page to see @Cat 's response and listing (thanks Cat!)