Why is our RF affiliate tag not appended when sharing collections from edit view vs. public view?

Sea-Change
Contributor

Is there a reason that the shared URL for collections changes when shared from the Collections edit page versus its public page (aka "View on Zazzle")? Apologies if this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find it when searching the forum.

If I share from the Collections edit page to X/Twitter, I noticed my refferal "RF" tag is not added to the end of the URL. I would expect for it to be there, and I don't see any way this share could be attributed to my affiliate account. If I click "View on Zazzle" at the top right, and then share from the front-end view of the Collection, then my affiliate RF tag is appended. 

To repro, edit a Collection, and under Connect & Promote, click the X/Twitter bird to send a Post/Tweet. Take note of the URL and whether a code is appended, but don't send it. Then, close the Tweet without sending, click "View on Zazzle" to view the collection's front-end, and then click Share. Note the URL - the RF affiliate tag should be added. 

Is there any way to trace a Collection share back to our affiliate account if we Post to X from its edit page? I also noticed my Collections don't seem to register views when I know that they're getting them, e.g. a friend or extended family member clicks on a Collection and its products from their own IP address. This issue might be unrelated, but I'm baffled by both. I'm concerned our affiliate earnings potential might be inadvertently impacted when sharing from the Edit page, unless the share is tracked a different way. Note: I'm referring to the old-school affiliate RF shares versus the Promoter 2 program. Thanks in advance!

0 REPLIES 0