Strange message from customer

shelleyw
New Contributor II

I received this message today from a customer: 

Hello, I want to order this from you, but I need your email, I contacted support, they said that because you have a new store, they have not yet connected the automatic ordering system, so the seller’s email is required, thank you

I replied that my store is not new so I wasn't sure what they were asking.  

She responded again so I gave her my email.  (It's everywhere anyway).

Has anyone received this message or understand why I received it (my store is 10+ years old). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shelleyw
New Contributor II

I should have waited 5 minutes before posting!  She sent me another message and said to check my mail for the order and click the link.  lol  oh well.     

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shelleyw
New Contributor II

I should have waited 5 minutes before posting!  She sent me another message and said to check my mail for the order and click the link.  lol  oh well.     

Windy
Honored Contributor

I hope you did not click the link this scammer sent you!

Susang6
Contributor III

I got the same message this morning...and thought the new store was a red flag also she told me that Zazzle told her my ordering system was not set up and she had to order by email only (another red flag) I get orders daily so I did not trust the messenger. No photo and no name.. I thought it was a scam. Made no sense to me as to why Zazzle would tell anyone that my store was new, so new that nobody could order from me.

shelleyw
New Contributor II

My customer had a name but is probably fake away 🙂  I reported to Zazzle.

MadjackGG
Contributor II

I got a variation of the message from a 'Lola Burns', who let me know that the photos on a product weren't loading and could I email them to her? I assumed it was to farm my email address and reported/blocked.