ZProDesigner262
Contributor

Hi everyone,
Kudos to Zazzle for adding the quick response to the Chat feature! Loving it!

I have a few upgrade ideas about chat:

1) We get a lot of customer chat messages per day, and I wondered if there was a way to manage them?
I understand I can delete messages, and I do, but it's more than that. I'd like to file them away when done (see #4, below)

2) I also would like to be able to make an auto-reply that's actually automatic, for example: so that my husband and I
can take a vacation without my having to go into chat on a daily basis and post a reply, and feel guilty
that I'm not 'at work.' I think we need to manage customer expectations about 'chat.' The term is usually used on websites
where there is a live person at the other end. We live in Australia, and do not operate during the same business hours/days.
So if customers are expecting us to be here, and get an urgent response, they will be let down. I don't like doing that. An
auto-reply would be ideal to let them know when we may attend to their inquiry.

3) Could we possibly have a selection of 'quick replies' that we could use, which we could set up and use in our own brand voice, etc, for things such as: directing to customer service, etc. You know the feature where we can go in and add responses on our profile to things? Something like that, but for chat, where there would be a drop-down box of replies that we can choose from. I can see this being SUPER useful for delivery enquiries, etc. I currently have developed a notepad 'swipe document' that I copy and paste text from, which I can use, but it's still burdensome, and I'd prefer something within the chat feature itself.

4) When it comes to saving chats, I'd love it if we could somehow organize them into folders, like I do with my Gmail account.
I'd like to save them for future reference, by theme, so having that kind of facility would be very, very useful.

5) If there were some way to identify whether they have seen our chat message, AND if we have replied to their message.
Viber uses a check mark, so when you send it there's a check, and when they've viewed it there is another check, so you know.
Perhaps something like that. Also, maybe if the color of text could change, or some way to flag new v/s replied to messages. In the same vein, if we could flag important/urgent messages, that need attending to first thing. They currently get lost in the lineup of messages, and we have to go through each and every one, opening them up, and then creating an analog list of message + sender, to keep track of it all. It's not ideal!

So I guess I'm asking if it could be set up like an email system?

3 Comments
Pádraig

Hi @ZProDesigner262,

These all sound like great additions to the feature. Thanks for sharing your ideas on this. I'm going to pass this along to our team here for further review.

All the best,

Pádraig 🙂

ZProDesigner262
Contributor

Hi Padraig,

That's awesome! Thank you so much!!

TShirtfort
Contributor II

Can you add a report spam feature. It seems like people are using it for spam and not legit reasons.