CatsEyeViewGift
Contributor III

I know this has been suggested NUMEROUS times over the years - but considering that PayPal has now made a stance that they will fine people $2500 if they consider anything they say as misinformation - I think it's time to reconsider your stance on how we can get paid.  PLEASE start making direct bank deposit a choice for royalty / referral payments.

We should not have to walk a politically correct line in order to get our money.

Yes, I know they said it's a "mistake" but how do you "mistakenly" put something like that out there? 

13 Comments
Cherie
Contributor II

YES! Please! 😀

InsideOut
Contributor

In case anyone didn't know, Paypal now has an automatic transfer feature so in lieu of zazzle ever setting up direct deposit you can at least get your money transferred to your bank account a whole lot faster. 

CatsEyeViewGift
Contributor III

I refuse to give Paypal access to my bank account - I've heard horror stories of people hacking bank accounts through paypal, venmo,and other cash apps.  And now that they are saying they will fine people $2500 if they consider something they say on social media or anywhere else "misinformation" more of a reason not to give them access to my bank account. 

I use my zazzle earnings to buy stuff on zazzle or chewy.com.  Other than that I won't use it anywhere.  I bought something from a facebook ad one time, never received it and paypal said too bad, so sad - the company said they sent it therefore it's your problem.  Lost over $50. 

whimsywhim
Valued Contributor

This is an excellent idea.  I wholeheartedly second this.  We work extremely hard on our stores, and we should get all of our royalties regardless of personal beliefs.  We definitely should have a direct deposit into our bank account option completely bypassing Paypal.

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

I feel some clarification is necessary here.

PayPal updated their TOS as many places frequently do, with the updated terms to go in effect November 3.

This is the section that caused the uproar:

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

… involve the sending, posting, or publication of any messages, content, or materials that, in PayPal’s sole discretion, (a) are harmful, obscene, harassing, or objectionable, (b) depict or appear to depict nudity, sexual or other intimate activities, (c) depict or promote illegal drug use, (d) depict or promote violence,  criminal activity, cruelty, or self-harm (e) depict, promote, or incite hatred or discrimination of protected groups or of individuals or groups based on protected characteristics (e.g. race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, etc.) (f) present a risk to user safety or well-being, (g) are fraudulent, promote misinformation, or are unlawful, (h) infringe the privacy, intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights of any party, or (i) are otherwise unfit for publication.

Your pretty standard bucket of violations on any website but for reasons I truly don't understand, "promote misinformation" under (g) triggered people. That was then conflated with another part of the terms where they state you could be subject to $2,500 in liquidated damages for violations of the terms (breach of contract). Liquidated damages are a standard part of contracts and really protect both parties. PayPal's $2,500 for liquidated damages has been in their terms since at least July of 2015.

But somehow the idea that Paypal is now trying to implement a $2,500 fine on people for saying things they don't agree with went viral, with even most news articles putting that spin on it. And ironically enough, that's promoting misinformation. 😕

Anyways, since paper checks have gone the way of the dinosaur I very much agree that Zazzle needs an alternative electronic payment option, especially for non-US people who have mentioned time and again what a hassle Paypal transfers entail for them. I understand though why Z may be hesitant to go direct-deposit to bank accounts. They'd need to know, store, and protect your personal banking info, opening themselves up to more liability. Which is why I believe PayPal rose to such success. You no longer needed to give every site out there your personal banking/cc information and merchants no longer had the burden of having that info. You've got one middle-man keeping that info and processing transactions, the merchant doesn't need to know or care what your funding source is.

I can't think of any other "middle-man" equivalent to Paypal, but what about something like a re-loadable debit/credit card? I've got a side-hustle that pays this way, they issue you a card # and then pay you by electronically adding X dollars to it. You can use that card anywhere/anyway you could use any other debit/credit card - online purchases, in-person at point-of-sales, at ATMs to withdraw cash ... A couple years ago I landed a gig-based part time job for a big company and they paid the same way - they issued you a card # on hire and then when you worked an event, paid you by adding money to that card. It's pretty convenient because the Payor doesn't need to know your personal banking info and as Payee, you can use the funds directly from the card or withdraw cash at an ATM and deposit that in your bank account.

AirTwin
New Contributor III

I posted in another thread. Zazzle is going deposit into a non-payout/non-transfer void this month. I would have had to know this news was all going to happen a month ago, in order to have stopped it from going into Paypal.

My other post

https://community.zazzle.com/t5/ideas-suggestions/alternatives-to-paypal-earning-payments-now-requir...

hilary47oo
Contributor

Good Morning Dear Zazzle Management.

Paypal permanently restricted my account yesterday, after I submitted my documents for verification.I can't send or receive payments now.

Paypal has Nigeria as a blacklisted country.

They permanently restricted my account,that has not been used to make or receive payments.My balance is $0.The only debit charges I had, were from design by humans and Society6, when I tried to link my paypal to their websites.They were $1 each.

There is no evidence that I ever chatted with them.They deleted all the chats from my inbox yesterday.

I know many people that have been banned like me too.

Nigerians have been complaining about Paypal right from time.They don't even care about us,that work hard online.

There are many of us that work online (Graphic designers,affiliate marketers,programmers) e.t.c

I am a fourth year Nigerian Medical Student currently.

I started print on demand last year and Zazzle is the first company i've ever made a sale on.I had my first sale on August 23rd 2022.

I have been cleared to be paid on October 15th, before paypal banned me.

I recently chatted with Zazzle live Customer service and they told me, the only alternative I have to paypal is a check payment,which will be mailed to me.

One of your Zazzle agents suggested I make some changes to my account.She also suggested I open a new paypal account.I told her I can't do so, because paypal has my details and won't waste time to ban me again.People that register again do get banned, when paypal detects their location through IP addresses.

The problem now is that foreign checks can't be cashed out in my home country Nigeria.

I called a Senior Employee of Zenith Bank Nigeria and he told me it will not be possible to cash out the check,that a direct bank wire transfer will be better.

We Nigerians normally link our Bank cards to various platforms to make or receive payments.

I know nothing about this Bank check option.

There are platforms like Payoneer which is good.Payoneer works to allow people open US Bank accounts for easy transactions.Print on Demand websites like Red Bubble use Payoneer.

I also suggest Zazzle to allow us link Bank Cards (VISA,MASTERCARD e.t.c) whether real or virtual to receive Zazzle payments.

I understand Zazzle is a very big company, but 2 payment options are not enough.

These payment options favour people abroad more than us.

I want Zazzle to look into this to help me and other paypal restricted countries, that can't cash out foreign Bank Checks.

Our Zazzle earnings are very important to us too.

My earnings are growing everyday and I'm not happy I can't cash out the money.

I respect Zazzle a lot because of how kind they were to me when I first started.They helped me settle quickly in the business.

I request the Zazzle Management, to please look into this case and add more payment options that will favour everybody.Thanks.

hilary47oo
Contributor

Fellow Zazzlers, If you have any other suggestion you are welcome to comment here too.

hilary47oo
Contributor

I don't really know if there are people like me here.

I'm the only person in my area that is working on Zazzle.

People don't even know much about it here.

People I tell about Zazzle always seem surprised, because its new to them.

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's use this conversation thread for PayPal related suggestions. It has 10 Kudos, so probably best to keep that momentum. The other conversation was happening here: https://community.zazzle.com/t5/ideas-suggestions/alternatives-to-paypal-earning-payments-now-requir...