Can't get proper marketplace department to stick when I drill down to create a new invitation

Malissa
Valued Contributor

I am trying to publish a baby shower invitation, but no matter how many times I go through the create menu to choose the invitation blank from the baby shower drill down, it will not stick when I get to the publish page.  Is there some trick to it? I am pretty sure it was working for me last week when I made one, but now I can't be sure.

I am starting from the blue create button in my backend> Invitations and announcements> baby and pregnancy> baby shower.  I have stopped there and chosen baby boy or girl and then choose the 5x7 flat card and copy paste my design from the invitation I already have in my saved designs (only because I was concerned it wasn't landing in the right department).

When I get to the publish page, it gives me a big list of all the non wedding invitation types.  Birthdays, anniversary, baby shower, etc.  I thought when you start from the proper blank the choice would be limited.  

I wouldn't worry about it except I know if I don't start with the right blank it won't show up properly for sales and in the marketplace departments.  

I am don't do many occasion collections so I am not sure if there is a trick to it or if there is a bug or glitch.

My Zazzle StoreMy Art WebsiteMy PinterestMy Art InstagramMy YouTube ChannelTiktok Icon
4 REPLIES 4

DancingPelican
Valued Contributor

Regardless of the occasion (wedding, birthday, graduation, baby shower, etc.) I always choose the blue create button > invitations and announcements > flat invitation 5x7.  I put my design elements on the invitation and then post for sale using the invitation and stationery > invitations and announcements > baby and pregnancy > baby shower > baby boy (or baby girl). As I understand it, the flat invitation 5x7 works for all occasions. Somebody chime in if I am wrong about that.

Thank you!

My Zazzle StoreMy Art WebsiteMy PinterestMy Art InstagramMy YouTube ChannelTiktok Icon

Cat
Honored Contributor II

One other thought... (doesn't sound like this is your problem, but I thought I'd mention it just in case) When you're publishing an invitation, if you change anything in the product merchandising section - like if you change which view is default, or set it for no envelopes, or no Zazzle QR code or whatever - it will zero out the marketplace department and then you have to select it all over again. I'm not sure if it does this in all situations, but I notice it when I'm using a "card" for a table number. Since it's a display card and not intended to be mailed out, I always remove the envelope, and then I have to go in and find the table number department all over again.

Probably not what you're seeing, but I thought I'd mention it!

Malissa
Valued Contributor

That is good to know anyway.  Thanks Cat.