I've not been paid All YEAR - being forced to use Paypal

colorgoddess
New Contributor III

A bit disgruntled, sorry for this rant:

Due to the new laws and the 1099k's coming from paypal, I opted to get checks this year, but I have not received a single one!

Each month I have to contact support, they wait until the 15th of the next month and then if I still haven't received it, then they cancel the check and add it to the next month's commissions.

The two pink are the ones they've cancelled.  On the 15th of this month (for last mo's payment), I contacted them once again and was told it would be cancelled. It is still not cancelled.

Now, I've moved to a new address and am HOPING that the check from April 2nd will arrive, but alas, here we are the 23rd and no check yet. Fingers still crossed.

I also have USPS informed delivery and have received ZERO notifications that ANY of these checks have been scanned, meaning actually mailed at a post office. I have voiced my concern to support but just get the same "we'll check with the financial office" (something like that).

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.

I GUESS I AM FORCED TO GO BACK TO PAYPAL AND ENDURE THE NIGHTMARE WITH TAXES.

Waiting a few days for a miracle then changing it back before the 1st. 

Still would be nice if someone can hand look and see if there is something wrong with my account and verify it was printing the correct address and - now printing the new address. 

Rant over, still don't feel better though!

Screenshot 2024-04-23 094532.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark

Hey @colorgoddess,

Apologies for the delay here. I have asked the team to follow up and help as soon as possible.

Thank you.

- Mark

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

tiffjamaica
Contributor II

That is super frustrating!  I hope they can sort it quickly for you. If not though, I just wanted to say that I do paypal and taxes were fine (no more of a nightmare than they normally are haha). 🙂 So if paypal will solve this problem, don't worry about tax time (assuming you're in US).  Good luck!

Connie
Honored Contributor

Oh, that must be so frustrating!

On a positive note - I get paid through Paypal, and because Zazzle sends out 1099's, Paypal doesn't. I don't know if Zazzle has some sort of agreement with Paypal or what. But at least we don't have to worry about a hassle with duplicate 1099's at tax time. 

Cat
Honored Contributor II

@Connie I'm pretty sure you're correct about this. I know the law is changing for the 2024 tax year, but the only thing that's changing is the threshold - the dollar amount for when PayPal must send out 1099s is being lowered to $600. I've been over the old threshold for several years now, and I've never received a 1099 from PayPal, so I think there must be some sort of way that Zazzle flags the payments to let PayPal know that Zazzle's reporting it so PayPal doesn't have to. 

MasterpieceCafe
Valued Contributor II

That's good to know. I wasn't looking forward to PayPal's new system. Hopefully the other PODs have this worked out with PayPal as well.

Agree there must be some sort of behind the scene management going on... Every year I only get 1099s from Zazzle... except in 2022 I got 1099 from PayPal - I think because I had a small Instagram payment as well as Zazzle earnings. Glad they can keep it straight!

sugarhai
New Contributor III

they're sending mine - but they send it to the wrong address every time going back to september 2023, hopefully someone can help some day

Mark

Hey @colorgoddess,

Apologies for the delay here. I have asked the team to follow up and help as soon as possible.

Thank you.

- Mark

colorgoddess
New Contributor III

Thanks for all the replies! They did get back to me and I will just have to wait another month to cancel the last check and then I've selected paypal - so hopefully I get my moola (yay). As far as I understand, 2024 all paypal, venmo, etc, no matter who pays you will send you a 1099k for over $600. So Zazzle would still send a 1099. The 1099K shows all payments received so it's an extra form we have to enter somewhere in our taxes so that it reports that amount but hopefully it doesn't count as income if you also have a 1099. HOWEVER, they were supposed to start that this year (2023 taxes) and delayed it another year, I'd be happy if they delayed it again and again as I hate taxes! Or better yet, Zazzle doing direct deposit!! 😀

I also despise taxes. I've been with Zazzle a very long time and used to hate having to pay extra because TurboTax or whatever considered the extra form too complicated for the free (or low cost) filing.... Well last year I found Free Tax USA (which is the spammiest name ever) and you can file as many 1099s and everything else truly for free. Just have to pay for state.  I also think their website is just as easy to use.  Hope that helps anyone still slugging through doing their own taxes with small business income! 🙂