Labels missing for the small, left-side product page preview images.

Aponx
New Contributor II

The small preview images along the left side of the desktop browser product page no longer have labels describing what they're depicting.

A customer pointed out to me during a chat that the multiple front and in-situ views for greeting cards, with only the background differing slightly, can be confusing. It can appear as though there are more than the four design areas in the final product.

To reproduce (in a desktop browser):

1. Open: https://www.zazzle.com.au/bold_black_faux_gold_57th_birthday_w_name_card-137722084214093127

2. Click on the "Personalise" or "View Product Details" button to get to the full product page.

3. On the full product page, notice that the small preview images along the left don't have any labels describing the view. I believe these used to have labels at the bottom of each image, something like "Front", "Inside", "Back", and "In-situ":

0-initial.png

4. Notice that no label is shown when hovering over a preview image (e.g., the fourth down):

1-hover.png

5. Notice that no label is shown when a preview image is clicked on and selected (e.g., the fourth down):

2-selected.png

If the removal of these labels is intentional, perhaps there's some way to make it more obvious which preview images correspond to what the final printed greeting card will look like.

2 REPLIES 2

Cat
Honored Contributor II

I'm not sure, but I think this may be part of the whole new Media Manager thing - like I think it's intentional. If you click on the main product preview (the big image) it opens all of the images in a scrollable view with the captions below them - and that's the only way I can find to see the captions. I'm not sure how people are supposed to know to click on the big image though because I only discovered it by accident. 

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

The labels for the thumbs went away back when they changed how they show the enlarged views on the product page which was some time ago. Bringing back the labels has been requested numerous times since, including in this recent thread here.

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon