Pinterest Pins Missing Referral

jamies
Contributor

I know this is a big topic right now but I just noticed one of my popular pins while looking through trends. I decided to click on it and it no longer includes my referral ID nor does it take me to the pin. It takes me to a Zazzle page where this product isn't even listed. So I started testing my pins, these are recent pins. The next one I click includes my referral ID and as we know there's an extra click to get to the actual product. 
Zazzle, why is my referral ID gone on some products and why isn't it going to the actual product I pinned? The product still exists, I can still find it.  
More often than not, the referral ID is 100% there but WHY is it sometimes missing? Something is wrong. Please address this. 
Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Stutterfly
New Contributor III

I have had this happen and you can Contact there sales team for it. There tell you the tale.

CreativeLeahG
Honored Contributor III

I've posted about this a couple of time.

Graphics Bundles ️ Ninja Niche Course Invitation Design Course ️ Mockups and TemplatesFREE Advice/Guides/tips ️by LeahG Pro Platinum

jamies
Contributor

After getting help testing these pins, it seems that the product has been removed and reposted with a new product ID. 
My pin includes the referral ID, but when I click through it goes to a generic category which makes sense, the result is https://www.zazzle.com/black+shower+curtains  but no referral ID is listed in the click through.

Is it still there I don't know, I'm no expert at this stuff, but no referral ID is listed in the click through. Unlike when a product is deleted the address lists the referral ID and the old product ID. 

So take that as you will, it seems to be weird one offs.. maybe the product was replaced and that's why it shows up different on the click throughs.