Is any one else having their downloads on their greeting cards disappear?

JP
New Contributor II

Sunday I was  adding some new items on two of my stores when I noticed all my greeting cards show they were downloadable on the store product page but when I went to the item page itself, there was no download button on any of my greeting cards! Plus I went into my account to check the design migration section to see if somehow it had become unchecked,so it would not allow downloads and that too had disappeared. Even the picture that has a cell phone on the card for sell, to let customers know they can download it has disappeared! I was wondering is there a problem or is this do to a tech update? I hope the download button comes back soon. Thanks for any help anyone can give on this..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cat
Honored Contributor II

I think they've just changed the user interface. It's no longer a big button, it's now a drop down menu:

Cat_1-1710144917929.png

Not sure if that's a permanent change or if they're just testing it. It is much less obvious so I hope customers will still see it. I have to think that if it results in a big drop in download sales they'll go back to the big buttons.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Cat
Honored Contributor II

I think they've just changed the user interface. It's no longer a big button, it's now a drop down menu:

Cat_1-1710144917929.png

Not sure if that's a permanent change or if they're just testing it. It is much less obvious so I hope customers will still see it. I have to think that if it results in a big drop in download sales they'll go back to the big buttons.

CreativeLeahG
Honored Contributor III

It might be because they've noticed too big a drop in prints, and perhaps want to make the download option less obvious?

Graphics Bundles ️ Ninja Niche Course Invitation Design Course ️ Mockups and TemplatesFREE Advice/Guides/tips ️by LeahG Pro Platinum

I think that too. The "flag" under listings in the MP noting product is available as a digital download has been removed, too. Also, downloads are no longer being discounted. Wedding invites are 50% off right now and baby shower invites are 20% off. If you look at either that offers a DD, you'll see the discounted print price + the full price of the DD under it. Pure speculation but yes I think perhaps they've realized digital downloads were a mistake for this platform and they're losing their shirt on them.

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

Cat
Honored Contributor II

That would be a major bummer as the digital downloads have really bumped up my income. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Sigh.

Marcia
Valued Contributor II

@ColsCreations hope you're wrong – I was selling quite a few digital downloads as well...<sigh>

MaggieRossDogs
New Contributor III

Great way to sell the Instant Download feature:  Hide it in an obscure dropdown.  NOT!  😞

VRKW
New Contributor

My digital download products are not showing the drop down menu. In the back end I have the digital download green icon but the public front doesn't show the drop down menu. I've checked several of my products. *Sigh* will wait to see what happens in a few days.

VRKW
New Contributor

Ok, here is an update from my experience. That drop down menu for selection of print or digital download is sometimes available on my items page. I can check again the next day it is completely missing. ? Glitch/ technical issue? I have been monitoring this since my first post above.