Missing Holiday Collections in Three Stores

k8hayes
Contributor II

All holiday collections in 3 of my stores are missing from my backend. I don't have links to them to post, but I do have the names, in case that's useful, which I can see when I scroll through "Add to Collection" under any product in a store. I had posted this problem in a different location in March, and marked it solved because I got this response from Scott on 3/19/24: "... there are a few issues with collections that have been reported recently. We're working on them now." Since that date, though, they are all still missing. Here are the names:

From .../store/aprilthird:
A Floral Christmas
Christmas Wrapping Ideas
Mother's Day Gift Ideas

From .../store/thecabernetcat:
New Year's Wine Quotes
Valentine's Day (Wine Quotes Above Love)
Halloween Wine Quotes
Christmas Wine Quotes

From .../store/k8cogifts:
Valentine's Day
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas Gift Wrapping
Christmas Holidays!
Retro Colorful Christmas Design

It's possible that some or all of these collections had been made inactive. (It seemed like a good idea at the time.)

I realize this is an existing subject, but it appears that some creators' collections were restored while others' were not.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

In a situation like this you'll want to visit your member collections. The link to your member collections is https://www.zazzle.com/mbr/238402614828133906/collections

Go to this page and sort for the collections there. You have quite a few collections that are in Inactive status. You can filter by Collection Status (right side of page) and then update each of the collections as desired. The main thing that you'll be looking to do here is to open a collection and then update the Channels preferences (top right of the page) so that the collection is (or isn't) displayed publicly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Scott
Community Manager
Community Manager

In a situation like this you'll want to visit your member collections. The link to your member collections is https://www.zazzle.com/mbr/238402614828133906/collections

Go to this page and sort for the collections there. You have quite a few collections that are in Inactive status. You can filter by Collection Status (right side of page) and then update each of the collections as desired. The main thing that you'll be looking to do here is to open a collection and then update the Channels preferences (top right of the page) so that the collection is (or isn't) displayed publicly.

k8hayes
Contributor II

Thank you Scott! I'm going to try this right away.

k8hayes
Contributor II

I didn't realize that, by default, if a collection is Disabled, it doesn't show up in the list of collections. Solution accepted. 

k8hayes
Contributor II

Not just "displayed publicly," but displayed on the Creator's back end as well.