Reordering products within collection not working

Anne
Valued Contributor

This has been requested several times now, but is still not fixed. Even setting the order to custom does not enable to reorder the products within a collection. Products are flying all over the place and worse is that newly added products are now at the bottom, so have to be dragged up over tens of other products to become visible.
Thank you for your help.

Anne Vis Icon
6 REPLIES 6

Anne
Valued Contributor

Is there any update for this?
Thank you

Anne Vis Icon

Sara_H
Honored Contributor

@Anne what type of collection are you having trouble with? Is it a cross sell? I'm on windows and have just tried to reorder a cross sell (vivaldi browser) and everything is working as expected for me

I clicked on the manage collection and chose Ungrouped product sort and was able to move products around 

Sara_H_0-1714333889854.png

What browser are you using and are you on windows or mac?

New products being added to the bottom is how it is now and I can't see them changing that

https://www.zazzle.com/creators/playbook/collection+types#collection-sorting

Anne
Valued Contributor

Thank you, @Sara_H 
It's anything BUT a cross sell (don't get me started 😾)
So I can move products around to some extent, but then after moving a few products, they start to wildly jump all over the screen.
I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.
I don't see why the new products have to be added at the bottom, it does not make sense to me. And you are probably right that this is another permanent downgrade.
I adjusted collections to "recommended" but that made everything just worse (Christmas products in April? Come on!!).
So I switched them back to ungrouped custom sort and it is still a mess.
Getting kind of desperate at this point, collections get zero views since the "upgrade"/read: downgrade.
Thanks for your help and thinking with me, Sara.

Anne Vis Icon

Sara_H
Honored Contributor

@Anne What type of collection has it been categorized as?

Sara_H_0-1714392195526.png

You could try changing to another type and see if that helps for testing

Perhaps you're asking for too many changes all at once and the system is probably having problems if your collection is huge?

Move a few at a time - save then wait for the website to catch up.

edited to add - if it's new products in a new collection - they both need time to index - so it could be that?

It could help the tech team if you can link to the collection you're having trouble and am sure they'll investigate

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help. I've not had any problems moving products around in my collections (see - not helpful 😂)

Anne
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much, @Sara_H 
I encounter it in any collection, so not sure if a link to a certain collection would help, but here goes:
https://www.zazzle.com/collections/tote_bags-119604130374667599
So that is not a new collection, but added some now products.
It's Different Styles / Themes
So that only leaves moving one or two products at a time. That is going to be very time consuming as I will have to write down where I was (managing multiple collections), and search for the collection every time.
It might be another "work-around", of which we already have way too many.
The tech team? 
That seems to be just you, Sara! 😸
Thanks again!

Anne Vis Icon

Anne
Valued Contributor

Also: I don't see this post anywhere in the latest conversations, so it is buried under all other issues and unlikely to be seen by anyone any more. Maybe another bug? It used to be that added comments made a post go to latest conversations, but apparently not any more.

Anne Vis Icon