Alternatives to PayPal - how long does it take for an earnings 'check' to arrive at a UK address?

Contributor

Due to Paypal's recent admission that it intends (at some point in the near future) to fine $2,500, or close the accounts of, any user it arbitrarily decides has written, spoken or shared what it calls 'misinformation', and is therefore not a place that anyone can rely on for proper financial security, I have made the decision to only use 'real' banks going forward, for all online and offline movement and holding of money.

Therefore, my steadfast aim, as many more millions have also now decided to do (#BoycotPaypal movement) is to never use Paypal again. They cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube. Everyone now knows that Paypal simply cannot be trusted with our money like a 'real' bank can.

However, the one thing that stands in my way is Zazzle's persistant reluctance to provide a 100% secure and 'real' banking facility for transfer of earnings to Zazzle creators. Therefore, until Zazzle provides 'real' banking transfers, creators are left with the only other option, which is to request a 'check' payment.

When you think about it, that choice is like offering either 'MacDonald's' or 'grow your own' for your food options, or offering 'Uber' or 'use your legs' for your travel options. When it comes to something as important as earnings, and where the recipient has no real choice, Paypal is essentially operating a business 'monopoly'.

So my question is this. Until Zazzle implements a 'real' banking facility for transfer of earnings, I must at least investigate the logistics of receiving a 'check'.

I reside in the UK, and would like to know when I should expect to receive a check in relation to the normal receipt day of the 15th of each month?

Are checks posted from the US, or are they posted from the creator's country of residence? Obviously, if they are posted from the US, Zazzle cannot make any true estimate of a delivery date, and there is always a reasonable possibility with international postage that the check would never turn up. In that case, the check option becomes totally irrelevant to any creator residing outside of the US.

Thanks for looking into this Zazzle. I'm sure you appreciate that 100% banking security is a very important issue that needs full resolution asap.

87 REPLIES 87

almawad
Contributor

That is a real problem for me too . I went  for holiday  and wanted to withdraw money I collected on paypal . It suspended my account on the ground of "suspicious activity "  .  i had  to submit this  document and that document  and they still kept telling me  that I   am suspicous .  After  some days they  changed  their mind  and  allowed access  to my money .They ruined my  holiday  and my trust in them .Then I  wrote  to Zazzle  customer service  suggesting to find  another service but they answered  that ppl  is very  good .    

I would suggest that the notion of "very good" in regards to Paypal could not be seen as an official Zazzle statement in regards to what you said happened to you. I'm sure as a company, Zazzle do not believe that PayPal's way of dealing with that particular situation could possibly ever compare to the way a 'real' bank would have dealt with it. Real banks may not be perfect, but they are highly regulated, and I'm sure the response you received must have been a flippant comment by the individual who happened to reply to you.

Yes, PayPal may make it easier for Zazzle, but this discussion is not about what is easiest for Zazzle. It is about the financial security of personal money holding and transfer, which obviously includes putting the customer first. As far as I can see, the main problem with PayPal is that they regard their customer as big business, not the individual! That is the total reverse ideology of a 'real' bank. For this reason alone, all earnings payments throughout the world should now be legislated as being only permissible through 'real' banks, which are governed by specific codes of practice that equally protect each and every individual whose money they hold.

The problem in our country Australia plus other parts of the world are that 'Real banks' are closing their branches in many towns so the only way you can deal with them is online ,or travel kilometres away ! Such was the problem we had with 98yr old mother in law yesterday with hearing issues answering questions about her account via phone. Yes the banks probably have more security but they have a lot to answer for as well!                        

Of course, you are absolutely right @orientcourt. We need to see laws to guarantee the high street presence of every 'real' bank. The banking industry as a whole is being pulled towards the same disregard towards customer service, and Australia is certainly not the best example of nation resisting the multinational takeover of government. However, as it stands at the moment, there is still a chasm of difference between a rogue outfit like Paypal and a standard bank in terms of legal financial security of customer funds.

Magda
New Contributor II

Please, Zazzle, consider offering a payment alternative to Paypal.

I would suggest WISE  - they are FCA regulated, SEPA or SWIFT transfers, they have maybe the smallest fees on the market and their service is used in the European Economic Area (EEA) countries, Canada, US, UK, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand and more. Please look into this.

As for the cheque alternative - at least in France, there is no way to cash or to deposit a USD cheque to a French bank. 

Thanks for expanding this conversation Magda. I didn't realise that was the situation in France. That basically means that Zazzle are not giving any choice at all to any French creators. Until now, I did not even consider what you have stated, but I will now need to see if my bank accepts US dollar checks. Your situation fully illustrates the fact that Paypal are operating a monopoly in regards to Zazzle. I wonder how many other companies have been sold the idea that putting all their eggs in the Paypal basket will make life easier for them?

It doesn't matter what your politics are, it is thankful that in regards to this discussion, Zazzle have firmly thrown their hat in the ring of liberal values, which of course include collective bargaining, and so we can be sure that Zazzle will listen to its creators if enough of them want real change, in regards to ending this corporate monopolising. Let's keep on expanding the conversation until we get the required solution!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Ghandi.

Anne
Valued Contributor

Thanks for bringing this is up. I think it has been requested many times to have alternatives to PayPal. I think cheques are not legal in all of the EU, so that is not an alternative. And "regular banks" are also going the same road as PayPal, like JP Morgan recently. So I don't even know if there are other and more reliable payment options (if Zazzle would offer them). Very uncertain times.

Anne Vis Icon

Contributor

I would expect JP Morgan to follow suit. Enough said on that! The important thing going forward is for enough people to demand that permanent lines are drawn in the sand as far as our banking security is concerned. It starts in discussions such as this. As another person also mentioned, you have raised this issue of cheques (checks) not being legal in some EU countries @Anne, and I think that is a very important point. Zazzle needs to understand that the check option cannot be regarded as any option at all, if even one major country does not permit the cashing of it. Therefore, Zazzle currently 'forces' all creators to use a certain multinational corporation Paypal) in order to receive payment of earnings. Whatever 'arrangement' Paypal and Zazzle have made, the facts are the facts - that is a corporate monopoly at play. There is no other word for it. It would be interesting to know just how many other companies in the US and around the world force their employees to use Paypal, or simply not get paid?

I have decided that I will be writing to my political representative on this issue. I believe we may need legislation to deal with this, and I'm sure there are many House Representatives and Senators in the US who might see this a key election topic. I might suggest that anyone who sees this as an important issue do the same as me, and write to your political representative. We need a law that guarantees that every company provides a payment facility with a 'real' bank, which is not legally permitted to discriminate in any way in regards to transferring of earnings.

After all, we are not talking about retail or other transactions here. This is purely about the safe and secure transfer of earnings, nothing else. Let Paypal deal with buying stuff from Amazon, or indeed Zazzle, but no company on the planet should be legally permitted to deny/discount/suspend the payment or transfer of a person's salary/wages/earnings, for any supposed reason. Surely, we are talking here about something that is akin to a human right?

Barbara
Honored Contributor II

@369  Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly.

Colorwash's Home

Barbara
Honored Contributor II

Several decent alternative systems exist, but they seem geared toward merchants getting paid, so if you're only looking to have your Zazzle earnings go to a specific place, I'm not sure where it might be because, looking at those that popped to mind, I found they've been up to no good too.

Colorwash's Home

Hi @Barbara. I think the bottomline is going to be providing 'standard' earnings transfer facilities such as BACS, CHAPS, SWIFT etc. That allows the creator to choose where the funds are sent.

I sell on Alamy, which is a UK stock photo agency, and they pay in US$ directly into my bank account.

I would prefer Zazzle to do likewise

Besides, I don't consider Paypal to be secure. I received an email stating that someone was charging me £600, and contacting the telephone number in the email, they were able to send security codes by text, which worked on Paypal, knowing my phone number and at least the last 4 digits of my Paypal card, I cancelled my Paypal card (which they said they were going to, but didn't) and my bank advised me to have my bank card cancelled because as it was linked to my Paypal account, they could probably access its details as well

I think your past experience and serious security issues with Paypal @kennethwfd, spell out the problem we face in no uncertain terms. From your testimony, Paypal not only failed to secure your money but did not respond properly to the issue, whereas your 'real' bank took extra measures to secure your account with them, which had also been put at risk because of Paypal's insecure framework. Again, I remind everyone that Paypal is not governed by the same regulations as 'real' banks under both each individual country's laws as well as regional and global banking requirements. Paypal are a transnational retail transaction company, nothing more. They will always put the desire for big business profits over the financial security of the individual customer.

I agree kennethwfd that Zazzle needs to find an alternative payment processor., but are any of them actually safe? Just in the last week I had phishing email from some account from Paypal (a scammer whose email showed they were supposedly from Paypal) that obviously indicated they knew certain transactions were occurring between Paypal via my specific email and my bank.

Separately I also had a phishing email (same email account) from e-Interac (a direct deposit into my bank option that we have in Canada) that also knew I was transferring funds from somewhere straight into my bank (I expect someone is watching my email?).  I reported both of these to all relevant fraud departments (including my email), but these show that banking security now needs to be foremost.

I have heard about the Quantum Financial System which is supposedly being rolled out now.  I don't know anything about it but understand it will be extremely safe in terms of privacy.  Let's hope something is done about this on a global scale soon before it gets worse.

The points you make are valid @KristinRavelle. The fact that the same kind of phishing targeted both Paypal and your 'real' bank shows the general level of concern that we should now have for all our online transacting processes.

I believe the things we need to consider in regards to that important issue are the following.

- In the event of your account being subject to any such online criminal activity, which do you feel would protect your money more, Paypal or your real bank?

- Which do you feel you would be able to contact about the issue more easily - Paypal or your real bank?

- Which do you think would focus on your individual customer concerns more - Paypal or your real bank?

- Do you think that either of them would ever take the side of a corporation or business rather than take the side of the individual customer, that's you? If so, might that be Paypal or your real bank?

- Are you able to request an internal investigation into something you are unhappy about, and will they undertake such an investigation and write to you about it as a standard procedure - if so, which, Paypal or your real bank?

- And finally, if you are unhappy with the way either of them has dealt with an issue you have had, are you able to easily pass that issue on to a financial ombudsman, and potentially receive compensation if you are found to have been dealt with in the wrong way according to your nation's banking standards. If so, which one, Paypal or your real bank?

These are the sort of questions we should all be asking ourselves now when it comes to which financial institutions we allow to 'hold' our money. Remember, Paypal 'holds' your money, just like a bank, but does it actually offer the same levels of security, and provide the same consistent service towards the individual customer??

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor

I still think "payroll cards" are an ideal solution. Most major payroll services and financial institutions offer them and while the fine print & possible fees will differ from provider to provider (and can be negotiated) , they all share the same basic pros - instant access to funds, ability to use anywhere/anyway you'd use a regular credit/debit card in-person or on-line, ability to withdraw cash from ATMs, ability to transfer funds from card to your bank account, ability to get paid and spend without even needing a bank account ...  Many are also structured for international use so you can be paid and also spend in whatever currency without high conversion fees and whatnot.

Here's a guide to payroll cards that was written for employers/payors that does a good job of explaining their pros/cons and how they work and all.

https://www.consumer-action.org/downloads/english/Employer_Guide_to_Payroll.pdf 

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

Hi @ColsCreations. That is an interesting suggestion. I don't know enough about 'payroll cards' to comment but I will take a look via the link you provided. I wonder how that facility compares in terms of ease for payee, and ease of set-up for the payer (Zazzle) to establishing standard CHAPS, BACS and SWIFT payments?

Fiona

Hey @369 ,

Many thanks for your feedback on this. I am passing this on to our team now!

Checks are sent on the 15th of each month and can take 1-2 weeks to be delivered. Checks can only be considered lost if not delivered within 30 calendar days of the check being issued. They are posted from the US.

Fiona🌻

Thank you Fiona for letting us know the official statement on how long it should take for checks to arrive. However, other contributors have already provided broader information about check issues that has not only opened up the discussion to further comments, but has also established the fact that checks are simply not an option for people based in certain countries, and therefore cannot be classed as a universal option at all. Please read all the comments for details.

It will be interesting to see what 'the team' comes up with in response to the overwhelming opinion from contributors so far, which is that checks are simply not an option at all for so many, and are a very uncertain form of payment for the rest, and it therefore stands that in reality, for many, if not most, Paypal is actually the only payment option provided by Zazzle.

The consensus seems to be that payment via Paypal is leaving many creators with high levels of insecurity regarding their money, with examples provided of exactly how Paypal has been proven to be a real financial security risk in the past for some. Such very real financial security risks, and allowing so many creators to experience various levels of anxiety with regards to their earnings, is surely not what Zazzle wants or wishes to prolong? I'm sure you agree that the sooner 'real' bank transfers or an equivalent alternative to Paypal are provided, as a permanent standard going forward, the sooner creators minds will be put at rest.

waterart
Valued Contributor

I'm in Canada and I opted to be paid by check. It usually arrives within 3 weeks, a few times it took longer and once it took so long that zazzle canceled the check and issued me another one which arrived at the expected time. I prefer to be paid by check because I'm wary of online transfers of money.

----------------------------------------
StyleArtc.com

The fact that Zazzle had to once cancel your check and you only live in Canada certainly does not give me or others living across the pond any good reason to request a check! If it "usually" arrives in 3 weeks travelling from California to Canada, I dread to think how long it may take, with all the potential transfers and shipping methods, if it is sent to the UK!

Artsiren
Contributor

I second what Magda said about WISE (formerly Transferwise). I mentioned that in a long-standing thread about Paypal alternatives a week or so ago. Couldn't find it in my Zazzle Profile, though, so maybe Admin deleted that one. There's two locked now as well. I guess Admin wants everything in one place, which is fair enough.

With WISE, if you're in UK (like me), you can have a US bank account number and UK bank account number, and move funds between them (I guess for a fee). So as I mentioned in that original thread, Zazzle theoretically can just pay direct into US bank accounts only, saving a ton of hassle - and then we can eat the costs of currency transfers etc. Which we do anyway using Paypal or any other system.

For info - more than likely out of date info! - I used to get Zazzle cheques, and deposit them in my UK Lloyds bank account. There's a fairly hefty A4 sized form to fill in, which not all the bank staff, even, knew how to fill in. Usefully called "Your request to process a Foreign cheque to credit a Sterling Account" Form. That was pre-2010, because from then onwards, I've been getting paid via Paypal - Zazzle account doesn't list payments sent by cheque, only the Paypal payments so I can't say what dates I deposited USD checks into my UK bank. (See EDIT below)

I do have a page-2 carbon copy of one of the forms though. Lloyds charged £5 back then as commission. I don't know whether they also widen the bid-offer spread on the forex transaction to grab a little extra for themselves; no idea about that, but I got 1.5711 as the rate back then, so I ended up with £78.09 after Lloyds' commission from a $130.55 cheque.

Bit of a faff to be honest. I loved getting the cheques in the post, but shuddered every time I had to go and fill that form in with a giant queue behind me! Lol.

I guess the other online processor would be Stripe, though they perhaps suffer a little from similar to PP.

EDIT:: I think the US dollar checks I deposited might have been from Amazon Associates for affiliate websites I did back then, not Zazzle. I can't imagine Zazzle would not give me a record of earnings payments, just because it was a check rather than Paypal. Must have been the USA branch of Amazon earnings. (Thankfully all my Amazon KDP royalties are straight into the bank! Actually Redbubble does ACH to bank accounts as well, I think. I must pop over there and switch that over.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Muh Links

Yes, sadly @Artsiren, the use of cheques (checks) like all non-digital forms of currency is being made more and more difficult to deal with. What you say just adds to the point of fact that checks are either not an option at all for many, or a bad option for the rest.

waterart
Valued Contributor

I agree zazzle should have more payment options available to people, but I hope they don't remove checks as an option. I prefer checks over online payments, in Canada a US check is cashed or deposited like any other check. I don't mind waiting as long as I know I will get my money.

I wouldn't put much trust in banks, their main concern is making a big profit not the customer. I heard several instances on the local news where banks refused to give back money to customers whose accounts got hacked, claiming it was the customer's fault even though they have a zero liability guarantee. It was only after the media got involved that they gave back the money. The only advantage I see over paypal is that banks are easier to contact.

StyleArtc.com

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Zazzle should get rid of checks, least of all me. To the contrary @waterart, I believe the banking industry now needs be opened up to more independent banks that offer national and regional physical currency options as well as checks, and put far less emphasis on digital (and particularly centralised) money. In fact, a brand new political party recently formed here in the UK has such measures in its 2022 manifesto (as well as many other election winning policies!). Behind the scenes, politically, the world is now rapidly starting to change direction in favour of individual and local concerns and democratic rights, and away from the financial wishes of just a few thousand billionaires. We simply need to all start looking in that new direction and start moving away from companies that do not respect those basic individual requirements.

This thread has rightfully expanded to discuss all the concerns surrounding Zazzle, but it began with the central issue that Paypal has recently not only admitted it intends, at some point, to take around $2500 from any customer "it" decides has broken any of its rules, but has also closed the accounts - without any warning - of a number of people and organisations, simply associated with a call for free speech. It is for that reason above all that Paypal can obviously not be regarded in terms of financial security, in line with a 'real' bank, which would not be legally allowed to do such things. That is the reason why so many people have recently closed and boycotted Paypal. It is simply a question of not allowing a monopoly to steal people's hard earned money in front of their eyes, whoever that person might be, simply because they don't follow exactly the same political narrative as a monopoly owned by billionaires who are obviously not in touch with the lives of 99.9% of people.

Magda
New Contributor II

Thanks @Artsiren & @369, this thread really got me thinking again of how much money we lose each month.

For now, the only way I see to avoid Paypal's outrageous exchange rate and fees is to send all USD earnings from Paypal to a WISE USD account, convert into EUR / GBP / AUD using the real exchange rate and then withdraw to a local bank account. The total fees would be a fraction of what Paypal charges.

It would be much easier, indeed, if Zazzle would offer the option for a direct payment to a USD account. Let's just hope Zazzle will look into this.

Indeed! The exchange rates and fees are yet another thing that proves Pinterest to be a commercial business outside of normal banking standards. Thanks for the input @Magda.

I found it quite amusing that the $2500 "fine" Paypal proposed on whatever ad hoc basis they intend to levy such fines, was apparently revoked and they claimed in the Press to have been a mistaken communication. Basically they back-tracked when the heat was put on them and people started closing their accounts. And, yet, as of yesterday (again apparently) the clause is back in again - or at least the $2500 fines.

I care about the concerning aspects that such things are arbitrary and subjective, but I care even more that they would flip-flop on their communications so much, like blowing in the wind. That seems to me to be even shadier. They should either have stuck to their guns; or apologized and deleted the clause. To apologize and delete, then re-insert it when they think nobody is looking (allegedly)? Wow!

Still some question marks about whether the current $2500 thing is a different one, or that it was always in the ToS. I dunno, though. Giving me bad vibes now. Esp as I'll have to ditch my Creative Fabrica subs, which I got in a $10-a-month deal. (I don't think it's possible to switch payment methods without cancelling and then re-buying - at full price.) I guess I'll have to go and do a full audit now and make a ton of changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Muh Links

waterart
Valued Contributor

Just wondering, how would paypal collect that 2500, take it out of the person's bank account without their permission?

StyleArtc.com

Barbara
Honored Contributor II

That's precisely the impression I've gotten. People are continuing to cancel their accounts and go where things are safer. PayPal is being foolish, which is the mildest way to put it.

Colorwash's Home

Yes, that's absolutely correct @waterart. Essentially, they are giving themselves the power to act as a dictating government over their domain (their website domain). By allowing them to hold your money within that domain, under their terms and conditions, you give them automatic permission to fine you under whatever 'rules' they wish to apply to that domain/electronic State. Essentially, they are 'policing' that domain, outside of national laws. After all, they are a transnational corporation, and historically, that is an ideology that directly opposes the nation State and its laws. This is why such companies pay almost no tax. They operate under an internationalist/globalist political and economic ideology. They seek the deconstruction of the nation State entirely (think "no borders", global trade agreements etc).

Essentially, they are being used to test the Chinese 'social credit system' on people in the American continent and Europe, in order to see if the people will currently allow them to get away with operating a multinational corporation in exactly the same way as a nation State operates. If they are allowed to get away with it, it will simply expand further until it parallels the full policy of the Chinese State, by which the State (government), hand in hand with the transnational corporation, can legally confiscate a person's bank account if they oppose the ruling regime in any way at all.

This is why I ignored the fact that Paypal said it was removing the $2500 fining policy. I understand the bigger picture too well. This is not a stupid company that has simply made a mistake and has apologised and U-turned on it. This is a global agenda, and Paypal are part of that agenda, and therefore will not stop until it is completed. Therefore, if you cherish security of your democratic rights as much as you cherish security of you hard-earned money, then Paypal must be avoided at all costs.

Anne
Valued Contributor

I am not sure if I am allowed to post outside links here, but basically the fine is back:

"After an online backlash they pulled the language from their update. They called it a mistake, but it was a very specific mistake not an errant comma or language that was placed into the wrong section of the terms.

Then they waited two weeks for the attention to die down. And now they’ve put the policy back into the terms. The Paypal t&c’s now specify a $2500 fine per instance of violating their acceptable use policy, including transactions which in their sole opinion promote intolerance. Intolerance isn’t defined, and could be considered anything Paypal says it is."

Anne Vis Icon

Contributor

"Then they waited two weeks for the attention to die down. And now they’ve put the policy back into the terms".

Exactly @Anne - clearly not a organisation that is either honest or trustworthy. Why on earth would any individual or business ever trust this company with holding or transacting their money, or worse still, other people's money? It is not bank or even a straightforward business. It is simply a political puppet in the guise of corporation.

Barbara
Honored Contributor II

I think reporters may not have investigated the $2500 (or more) fine like they should have. They might have assumed PayPal had rescinded it when, in fact, they never did.

I realize it's a whole different level of retail, but I checked and found that Amazon not only doesn't pay its vendors and affiliates via PayPal, but they also don't accept it from customers. Of course, they have something reminiscent of PayPal themselves, but they didn't always, and now I'm wondering what they knew that the rest of us didn't.

Colorwash's Home

The problem is that mainstream 'reporting' is part of the fix. This kind of underhand exploitation of the people goes on all the time. When the people aren't looking, multinationals simply continue on from where they previously left off. It is the same with corrupted government. Thankfully, the people are starting to wake up in very large numbers to the fact that they are being taken for a ride. The more we are able to share such information, and discuss it in a calm and rational way, as we are doing here, the more people will come to understand what is really going on. Our continued insistence for Zazzle to provide a 'real' banking alternative is a small step in the right direction, but nevertheless, a very important step for all of our financial security, and for the bigger issues at large.

Contributor

IS PAYPAL HAVING 'LIQUIDITY' ISSUES???

The following video by Neil McCoy-Ward raises a very important issue, which makes a great deal of sense. Above and beyond the obvious political motivations that drive Paypal's $2500 fining rule, there is perhaps an even more important issue for Zazzle creators, of which Zazzle management should be made fully aware.

As Neil illustrates in the following video, the measures that Paypal have recently been taking have all the hallmarks of a company that simply does not have the funds to pay its users straight away. Yes, that's right, it seems that Paypal may be claiming that money cannot be transferred because a "review" of the account needs to take place, simply because they do not actually have the funds to pay out the money! Of course, it would make total sense that the company would first target those accounts for which it could claim had broken some kind of rule, in order to cover the fact that it simply was not able to pay out the money. Watch the following video and judge for yourself whether this is a valid charge to make against Paypal.

It is worth considering that due to Paypal's overly-political stance, its share value has plummeted and it has lost many billions of dollars almost overnight. Now consider this. Real banks are somewhat covered by national governments in the case of a financial crash, but Paypal is not. Therefore, if Paypal goes under, your money is simply lost, forever. If that company fears going under, it will make up an excuse to stop paying out long before it actually collapses. This is akin to a real bank closing its doors to stop withdrawals. Given the mounting evidence against Paypal, I strongly believe that our earnings simply aren't safe going through Paypal.

WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEO FOR EVIDENCE THAT SUPPORTS THE ABOVE POSSIBILITY:

"Is This Why PayPal Are FREEZING Accounts?! (Including Mine)" by Neil McCoy-Ward
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJcL5U-pioU&t=16s

Neil also makes a point (that is obviously both very ironic and concerning to Zazzle earners),
"Imagine that your bank accounts are - forget PayPal but your bank account, your wages - got paid in and it was $2500 for the month, let's just say that was your wages that got paid in, and then your bank account said hold on, you made a post on Facebook this week that we didn't like and we are classing that as misinformation, or maybe it was a tweet on Twitter we didn't like what you said there, and we don't think that you should post anything political in nature like that because we only support this side of the political spectrum so we're going to fine you and we're going to remove that $2500 from your bank account now."

Of course, Zazzle creators are actually forced to rely on Paypal for their earnings, but Neil's above comment should make us all realise that this is something that is simply not imaginable or acceptable to the vast majority of people.

For a very thorough run-down of the facts about the Paypal debacle, have a read of the following article:
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2022/11/05/stop-using-paypal.aspx

ColsCreations
Honored Contributor
For a very thorough run-down of the facts about the Paypal debacle, have a read of the following article:
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2022/11/05/stop-using-paypal.aspx

It would be better to read this article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-misinformation-online.html 

Mercola is considered the #1 spreader of misinformation in regards to the Coronavirus & vaccinations and has been shown to be nothing but a snakeoil salesman. Here's an excerpt from above article in case nytimes denies access:

"As his popularity grew, Dr. Mercola began a cycle. It starts with making unproven and sometimes far-fetched health claims, such as that spring mattresses amplify harmful radiation, and then selling products online — from vitamin supplements to organic yogurt — that he promotes as alternative treatments.

To buttress the operation, he set up companies like Mercola.com Health Resources and Mercola Consulting Services. These entities have offices in Florida and the Philippines with teams of employees. Using this infrastructure, Dr. Mercola has seized on news moments to rapidly publish blog posts, newsletters and videos in nearly a dozen languages to a network of websites and social media.

His audience is substantial. Dr. Mercola’s official English-language Facebook page has over 1.7 million followers, while his Spanish-language page has 1 million followers. The Times also found 17 other Facebook pages that appeared to be run by him or were closely connected to his businesses. On Twitter, he has nearly 300,000 followers, plus nearly 400,000 on YouTube.

Dr. Mercola has a keen understanding of what makes something go viral online, said two former employees, who declined to be identified because they had signed nondisclosure agreements. He routinely does A/B testing, they said, in which many versions of the same content are published to see what spreads fastest online.

Facebook said it has labeled many of Dr. Mercola’s posts as false, banned advertising on his main page and removed some of his pages after they violated its policies. Twitter said it has also taken down some of Dr. Mercola’s posts and labeled others. YouTube said Dr. Mercola was not part of a program from which he can make money from ads on his videos.

In 2012, Dr. Mercola began writing about the virtues of tanning beds. He argued that they reduced the chances of getting cancer, while also selling tanning beds with names like Vitality and D-lite for $1,200 to $4,000 each. Many of the articles were based on discredited studies.

The Federal Trade Commission brought false-advertising claims against Dr. Mercola in 2017 based on the health claims about tanning beds. He settled and sent $2.95 million in refunds to customers who bought the tanning beds.

The Food and Drug Administration has also issued warning letters to Dr. Mercola for selling unapproved health products in 2005, 2006 and 2011." 

Store IconStore IconWebsite IconFacebook IconPinterest IconInstagram IconInstagram Icon

hilary47oo
Contributor

This is really frustrating.I made my first sale on August 23rd.

I have made $1600 plus on Zazzle yet I can't withdraw.

Zazzle sent me an email saying they have no plans of using any new payment options in future.

My payment is on hold at the moment.I put it like that in my payment settings.

It would be very interesting to know Zazzle's response in regards to what you have said in your two comments. I know that there are historic issues with Nigeria as far as financial scamming is concerned, but unless there is such a specific reason that they can put forward for not facilitating a payment to you, then it would appear that your case may be one of 'discrimination' purely because of your nationality. I don't want to second guess the reasons for not paying you, so more information would be useful. I find it difficult to believe that either Zazzle or Paypal would discriminate against someone based purely on their nationality, so without more information, it's difficult to understand their reasoning in they matter. However, if your situation stands up to further scrutiny, it may well provide yet another angle to this problem that may come back to bite Zazzle in the future if it doesn't get its act together and provide other payment options.

Are you not able to receive payment by check (cheque) to Nigeria?

Also, are you not able to establish a PayPal account there?

Lastly, @hilary47oo, can you please copy and paste the exact replay from Zazzle that you received along with the date, which you mentioned above when you said - "Zazzle sent me an email saying they have no plans of using any new payment options in future."

As far as any creators on this forum are concerned, the last we heard from Zazzle is that this issue was being referred to 'management'. If Zazzle has said to you that they have no intention of using any new payment options in the future, it would be very useful to know exactly what they stated, and when they stated it. Thanks very much.